Blackouts in SD!!!!

Mr. Lu

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007
Yesterday, we spent a better part of the day in the dark. By about 7:30pm there was still no power in the Julieta/Piantini/Evaristo Morales area of SD. I called around to a few friends and family members and no power across the city. I am back in the office and as of 8am this morning, once again no power in the office. WTF is going on? Does anyone have any ideas? Is this just something wrong with the system or something else.

They should burn it down and start over......

Mr. Lu

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Grin

Pib;788781]Blackouts you say? What is that exactly? Please explain in detail. :)

I have blocked out 38 years of traumatic memories.[/COLOR

Think He is talking about the 6-24 hour rolling blackouts. like they have in California only 2-4 hour ones(where it really does get scheduled and does come back on) you know when they transfer your paid for electricity to the barrio's, and then up your rates. :bunny::bunny::ermm:

only out from 6pm to midnight in ciudad nueva

Vacara

I love AZB!
May 5, 2009
Yesterday, we spent a better part of the day in the dark. By about 7:30pm there was still no power in the Julieta/Piantini/Evaristo Morales area of SD. I called around to a few friends and family members and no power across the city. I am back in the office and as of 8am this morning, once again no power in the office. WTF is going on? Does anyone have any ideas? Is this just something wrong with the system or something else.

They should burn it down and start over......

Mr. Lu

19 years ago Julio Sauri got fired for publicly asking the help of the Virgin Mary in solving the Blackout problems, maybe we should try that venue again, I got some family members who are willing to pray to Satan in order to overcome this ****.

Mr. Lu

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007

19 years ago Julio Sauri got fired for publicly asking the help of the Virgin Mary in solving the Blackout problems, maybe we should try that venue again, I got some family members who are willing to pray to Satan in order to overcome this ****.

Who is Julio Sauri and where can I get details on this? And by the way, Satan is on the PLD payroll. So even if people prayed all they would get would be promises....

And PIB, please don't rub it in!!!!! We know you are in Energy heaven. Jjajajajajaja

Mr. Lu

Vacara

I love AZB!
May 5, 2009
Who is Julio Sauri and where can I get details on this? And by the way, Satan is on the PLD payroll. So even if people prayed all they would get would be promises....

And PIB, please don't rub it in!!!!! We know you are in Energy heaven. Jjajajajajaja

Mr. Lu

He was the CDE (Corporacion Dominicana de Electricidad) administrator back in the 70's and later in the 1986-1990 period. He became famous when in the 70's he blamed the blackouts on chichiguas (kites) getting entangled on the electric grill.

I've seen some articles here in DR1 where his name is mentioned.

Mr. Lu

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007

PTSD my friend.

Sauri was the head of CDE during one of Balaguer's terms.

plus ?a change, plus c'est la m?me merde.

D'accord. Je peux dire NTM a tous, mais pq si tous change pas?

bienamor

Apr 23, 2004
say what

The Metro was out! How funny.

By the way, I spoke to Satan the other day and he completely denied that he and his family are on the PLD payrolls. I guess they are using aliases.

My god say its not true, I am sure I heard from the oracles of the DR (NALS and PECHARDO) that the METRO was immune from this crap!. you know own private power system or some such crap.

Whos relative is Satan, sure he was not one of the 300, and thats the reason he is not on the payroll?

bienamor

Apr 23, 2004
say what

By the way, I spoke to Satan the other day and he completely denied that he and his family are on the PLD payrolls. I guess they are using aliases.

My god say its not true, I am sure I heard from the oracles of the DR (NALS and PECHARDO) that the METRO was immune from this crap!. you know own private power system or some such crap.

Whos relative is Satan, sure he was not one of the 300, and thats the reason he is not on the payroll?

socuban

Nov 24, 2002
mobile power

I'm coming down next week with another inversor, this one gets mounted in my jeep-eta.

I had planned it as a back up for the campo visits, but sounds like I'll be using it more in SD:surprised

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
How long was the Metro paralized for?

At most, 10 seconds.

The rest of the country?

Hours.

Hmm, wonder why? :cheeky:

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Please wait. We are waiting for the new start-up solar panel manufacturing company to make the solar panels that will power the metro.
And to power those 15,000...err, 14,985...laptops* that are going to change DR edumacation forever...

*most likely obsolete now...

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003

At most, 10 seconds.

The rest of the country?

Hours.

Correction: 10 minutes, not seconds.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006

At most, 10 seconds.

The rest of the country?

Hours.

So the hell with the rest of the country,
... as the Metro just keeps rolling along.

Your tax dollars at work!

The people suffer through blackouts,
.... and subsidy Leonel's Metro with taxes.

Don ♥ SantiagoDR

Vacara

I love AZB!
May 5, 2009

Yikes!!, isn't that something?, they are using Satan's name to have another guy on the payroll!!.

Vacara

I love AZB!
May 5, 2009

At most, 10 seconds.

The rest of the country?

Hours.

I've seen like one hundred posters trying to take on Nals and without exception all of them end up in knockouts!, is this guy Superman or something?, does anybody have kryptonite?

AdventuresOfSuperman639.jpg

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I've seen like one hundred posters trying to take on Nals and without exception all of them end up in knockouts!, is this guy Superman or something?, does anybody have kryptonite?

It's like trying to reason with a wall, the words just bounces right off!

If you have ever been in an accident in the D.R. and the other guy was wrong,
you should know what I mean!

First thing they do is jump out of their car and yell and scream about the damage to THEIR car.

Disclaimer: The above statements are not to imply that a Dominican is EVER wrong!

AdventuresOfSuperman639.jpg