Tree and beach contruction permit

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Does anybody have experience with getting tree permits and beach construction "maritmo" permits for house building on the north coast within 60 meters of the shore?

Any info or contact numbers would be greatly appreciated. We talked with a local sindico and they told us the maritmo permit is not needed but I don't know if I trust him to be correct.

Thanks

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Quicksand

Does anybody have experience with getting tree permits and beach construction "maritmo" permits for house building on the north coast within 60 meters of the shore?

Any info or contact numbers would be greatly appreciated. We talked with a local sindico and they told us the maritmo permit is not needed but I don't know if I trust him to be correct.

Thanks

Maybe this would get a more appropriate attention when posted on the "Legal" Forum(?).

I seem to understand that since the new land law (deslinde), the "buildability" of land within the 60m recess zone would be further affected as I was led to believe, once you apply for a deslinde, that part of the land will actually be taken OUT of the title. In other words, ownership of that part of the "property" would be lost. Building on land one does not own or may be questioned some time down the line would seem a certain ticket to some formidable aggravation, sindico having been favorable or friendly at some time or not.

I wonder, when you mention your discussion with a local sindico, I wonder if your "we" includes your lawyer? But then, you may not want to answer that on a public forum.

Anyways, none of the above will qualify as the answer to your question and was only meant for food for thought (not just for the OP) and maybe discussion.

... J-D.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Thanks for the info. The info I received was from a friend who talked with the sindico. I think I will contact the surveyor.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Thanks for the info. The info I received was from a friend who talked with the sindico. I think I will contact the surveyor.

Yes, the licensed surveyor who has experience with filing beach front deslinde(s), ought to be able to respond to you initial question and also give you general information on how the new law(s) will affect your property rights within the 60m recess. Also consulting a reputable and in these cases knowledgeable lawyer would seem indicated before dumping a single chelito into what right now to me appears quicksand.

Anyways Chip, it is a subject I am interested in, so, I would find it interesting if you would care to share the progress and outcome of your researches.

... J-D.