Construction Advice or comments

tilinmarte

Aug 29, 2007

Hello to all have'nt posted in awhile but I finall made the decision to constuctan addition to the house for for 2 business store fronts. I realized that rrenting a house is not a good idea. I was there 3 weeks ago and had a architect look at the house to get it done. My friend rents a house in La Terraza in Santiago nice house 2 car garage very nice he told me he only pays $250 a month i couldn't believe it. My uncle rents 3 small store fronts for $200 each and there quite small and all three generate about 30,000-60,000 pesos a month The house is located commercial it used to be a quiet commercialy neighborhood but has expanded significantly people always asked me why I don't put a business request . Everyone has converted to business and live upstairs in all 4 corners of street.
This is not for me to get rich this will be extra income .The good thing is I have space for two more store fronts which will give me 4 locales .Going to rent three and keep on for myself. When I move down there hopefully sooner then later. Back to the original question.

Instead of spending $10000us dollars on a car im building the 2 locales which is a better investment . Do you guys/gals think this is two much I am only showing pictures for one as the other one will be next to each other about same size when the walls are knock down. For the 10g's i will be getting new floors tile/ceramic of course and plumbing and wiring two small bathrooms business window's and glass doors also the metal shutters for both locations and of course roof. This is to start then if all goes well I can add the second level to the house. I'm crossing my fingers.

I know if I stayed there i would save me some money but the guy does quality job. He has done other projects for family members gave me great ideas. I thought about it this way if i stayed down there for a 2-4 weeks that's money that i loose from my job so it's kinda of a catch 22.

I've read alot of posts and Like some members say everyone knows how to do everything down there i learned the hard way I did a new small kitchen with someone who said the can give me a great price and was experienced that was a disaster never again. You really do get what you pay for. I uploaded the images hope they came out if not i'll redo pics.

Thanks for all your comments once it's completed i'll put before and after pics and post if it went well or bad ...hopefully it will be goooood!! :)