Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Cost of Cab Ride in Santiago

Could someone please give me an idea of how much a cab from either Metro or Caribe Tours cost to HOMS? Thanks

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Shouldn't be more than RD150-170.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Chip. It's not bad. I was told it is a 20-minute cab ride, so I was concerned it'll be a lot more money.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Expat-in-Cabarete View Post
    Thank you Chip. It's not bad. I was told it is a 20-minute cab ride, so I was concerned it'll be a lot more money.
    If it is the Caribe Tours on the other side of town by the rotunda, it will probably be more. I based my cost by the Caribe tours near the Metro tours in los jardines. I think you should be able to get off there at any rate.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I always go to Santiago by car and my husband drives, but this time I decided to go by myself by bus. I may be wrong but I think we'll save a ton, considering the cost of gasoline. We'll see if it makes sense for a short doctor visit.

Post Thanks / Like

Expat: Get off at the SECOND Caribe Tour stop in Santiago, called Los Jardines. You are then a 10 min hop to HOMS, 125 or 150 MAX....If you take a cab (one of the guys there at the station, they will probably want 150 pesos...

HB

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Hillbilly. I was thinking of taking Metro. CaribeTours busses are so so cold! Chip is telling me that Metro is also in Los Jardines, so I'll be fine getting a cab from there too. Thanks a million.

Post Thanks / Like

Expat: Different ends of same block. The taxi drivers are identified by their green shirts. They might be a little more expensive. If you speak Spanish, you can call 809 581 3000 and ask EMI Taxi to pick you up there, and probably save a few bucks..

HB

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I surely do speak Spanish! I'm Uruguayan/American. I'll take that number phone number with me. Thanks again