GE dryer motor

North coast newbie

Jul 30, 2006
The motor in my GE dryer needs to be replaced. Does anyone know where I might be able to buy a new one? I'm even willing to go to Santo Domingo if necessary.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
The motor in my GE dryer needs to be replaced. Does anyone know where I might be able to buy a new one? I'm even willing to go to Santo Domingo if necessary.

No I don't.
But here is how I fixed a dryer here:
First I opened the dryer, inspected and ID'd the part causing the issue. I found a part number ON the part and copied into my search engine (Internet), to find that most of these "US" dryers sold here under the GM, GE, Maytag and so forth name, are "generics" which incidentally are or have often been carried by SEARS. Many of these "brands" and models use the same parts, some of which show up with various numbers. Copy all the numbers.

Then we checked with two places (in Puerto Plata) which fix wash machines, stoves (ranges), and... dryers and matched the various numbers (for the same part) against what they had and... bingo!
If they here don't have it, you can still go back online and get it from SEARS or other vendors, shipped to and thru a Miami shipping forwarder.

What you do NOT want to do: Do NOT bring your dryer to these local shops, even if they promise some kind of solution. You stand to high a chance of having to drive by and call again and again, only to be consoled into waiting yet another week for that magic rigging, finally either having to give up or receive a butchered machine back, together with a high bill and the perspective that it will most likely not survive the weekend.

... J-D.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Services such as EPS, TransExpress, Business Mail, etc. that can bring a package you have sent to a forwarding office in Miami to a place near you in the DR.
You can do a search on those names and find a lot of information.

You may get lucky with a locally available part, but I suspect you will end up going the route of ordering the replacement part from the US.

'bout three bucks a pound, will gitit to ya from Miami to here in 2 to 3 workin' days.

... J-D.