Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good news thread?

I would like to report a piece of good news if that is not too boring.....

My Halifax Bank UK debit card got "eaten" by the Banco Popular ATM behind the Isla filling station in Sabaneta on Tuesday. My neighbour, who speaks better Spanish than we do, spoke to the bank in Cabarete and they told us we would need to ring daily to find out if the card had been retrieved... that was okay because on Thursday they said it was fine and awaiting collection. Today, Friday, we went to Banco Popular in Cabarete and as soon as I mentioned that is was a Halifax debit card I had the response of 'welcome Mrs. WB - just wait one moment'. My debit card was returned to me by Melvin in Banco Popular, Cabarete - the card was unharmed and uncut. A good experience.... am sure there are many more so please relate them everyone!!!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default :)

I loved this bit of good news. Nice to hear something wonderful happening amongst all the awful stuff. I wish more people would post this type of message.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Great news!!!

I assume you cancelled the card and got a new one just in case your "credit card angel" decided to clone it and then return it to you, check your account online.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tamborista View Post
    Great news!!!

I assume you cancelled the card and got a new one just in case your "credit card angel" decided to clone it and then return it to you, check your account online.
    No, I didn't cancel the card as it is such a long drawn-out and expensive hassle getting a new one sent here but I did check the account for any discrepencies before I posted and there were none.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

If one of of my credit/ATH cards is out of my posession for more than a few minutes, I would surely cancel it, hey it's your money.

I assume you have a second account at that UK institution, with card access, transfer the assets to that account, problem solved.

Trust me, from experience, an ATH card with a credit card logo on it in DR out of your posession is a disaster waiting to happen.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

All they need is the card number and expiration date and the card is cloned and sold to someone in Moscow, or Paraguay!

Two months later your account is cleaned out, adios dinero, you have been warned, good luck getting the funds replenished.

You can start a new thread on DR1: "Credit Card Fraud, It can happen to you"!

I am sorry for being so harsh WB, please use common sense and cancel this card today.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Withdraw some money you will need until your new card gets to the DR and cancel the card!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps I had better cancel the card then lol....

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by theglider View Post
    i lost a debit card. i did nothing, because you need the secret code. good luck
    If it has a Visa/MC logo you will be cleaned out without the PIN amigo.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we are proving a point here - that no one posts good news lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast