Puerto Plata - Good Hotel with safe inside the room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomRepper

Jun 22, 2009
Hi everybody!

I'll travel by car to Puerto Plata in about 1 or 2 weeks. I'm still looking for a nice hotel to stay at. Should be located in the town itself or maybe at playa dorada.

Im willing to pay up to about 40 USD a night. The hotel should be safe, clean and have private safe box in the room.

I found some recomendations (Aparta Hotel Lomar, Hotel Montesilva) here on the board, but there was never told if the hotels had an individual safe box inside the hotel room.

Are there any hotels which you could recommend me?

Thank you very much.
D.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
I highly doubt you will find anything in Playa Dorada in that price range.

I can suggest Castillo del Ambar which is about 10mins by car from Playa Dorada, just behind the Coca Cola factory.

They do have in-room safes as well as A/C, laundry facilities and a swimming pool. They also have parking.

Each room also has a basic kitchen.

Last I recall, the rate was approximately RD$1200/night.

KenB

Nov 2, 2007
Field of Dreams

The Field of Dreams Inn is accross from Playa Dorada.

Has a safe in the room, swimming pool, good restauant.

I've stayed there a couple of times and will stay there again ...

I don't recall the price, but I'm sure that Denise can help

you if you email her at:

info@fieldofdreamsinn.com

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
The Field of Dreams Inn is across from Playa Dorada.

Has a safe in the room, swimming pool, good restaurant.

you if you email her at:

At present they have a special offer of US$29 per night if booked through Dominican Billy (contact him through this board). The swimming pool is being repainted now but will hopefully be complete within the next week.

Be aware the rooms are rather small and basic but the setting is beautiful.

DomRepper

Jun 22, 2009
I highly doubt you will find anything in Playa Dorada in that price range.

I can suggest Castillo del Ambar which is about 10mins by car from Playa Dorada, just behind the Coca Cola factory.

They do have in-room safes as well as A/C, laundry facilities and a swimming pool. They also have parking.

Each room also has a basic kitchen.

Last I recall, the rate was approximately RD$1200/night.

Hi, thanks for your recommendation. I wasn't able to find the coca cola factory on google maps. In which barrio is it located? Do you have a link to a website with some pictures? Thanks.
Domr.

P.S. I read somewhere about staff-stealing in the past... Don't know if I can take that for serious...???

DomRepper

Jun 22, 2009
'Sunshine Hotel' in Pto Plata itself, just off the roundabout as if bypassing the city centre, on the left. Big sign, can't miss it. 1000-1.100 pesos per night depending on A/C or not. Has a restaurant/Bar, internet cable etc, they have safes in some of the rooms, and is in a good location to be about town.

thank you very much!

DomRepper

Jun 22, 2009
The Field of Dreams Inn is accross from Playa Dorada.

Has a safe in the room, swimming pool, good restauant.

you if you email her at:

Well, that seems "ok". Link: Accommodations

But just to make sure, that place seems pretty much like directed to "6-tourists". Maybe I'm wrong, but if so it is not really what was looking for.

I'm willing bring my one of my serious girlfriends there. Hope that there are not everywhere "visible signs of prostitution"...

Domr.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Hi, thanks for your recommendation. I wasn't able to find the coca cola factory on google maps. In which barrio is it located? Do you have a link to a website with some pictures? Thanks.
Domr.

P.S. I read somewhere about staff-stealing in the past... Don't know if I can take that for serious...???

Hhhmm, its in an "urbanizacion"...the name of which escapes me right now..??

They did have a website previously as I had viewed it a couple of years ago, will try and help you find it.
Its pretty basic but clean.

As for theft, I have no personal experience with that problem so cant comment. I always believe, dont put temptation in peoples way. I did use the safe. I always keep my place neat and tidy as I think if the cleaning people see "chaos", they may think you are less likely to miss something.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
PuertoPlataGuide.com - Accommodations

Try this link for some other apart-hotels in the Puerto Plata area.

I seem to recall the name of the area Castillo del Ambar is located is "Urbanizacion Marapica"...I think!

You could try calling them to ask for their web address

(809) 261-4803

DomRepper

Jun 22, 2009
PuertoPlataGuide.com - Accommodations

Try this link for some other apart-hotels in the Puerto Plata area.

I seem to recall the name of the area Castillo del Ambar is located is "Urbanizacion Marapica"...I think!

You could try calling them to ask for their web address

(809) 261-4803

Thank you very much for your help, although I wasn't able to find "Urbanizacion Marapica" or the Coca Cola factory... (you don't mean Brugal, don't you?)

But I will surely try this telefone number when I arrive. Maybe I can give you guys than the exact address...

Domr.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Thank you very much for your help, although I wasn't able to find "Urbanizacion Marapica" or the Coca Cola factory... (you don't mean Brugal, don't you?)

But I will surely try this telefone number when I arrive. Maybe I can give you guys than the exact address...

Domr.

Well you are getting closer ;)!

Brugal factory is on the north side of the carretera whilst the Coca Cola is on the south side, somewhat diagonally across from one another.

lumberjack69

May 21, 2009
Well, that seems "ok". Link: Accommodations

But just to make sure, that place seems pretty much like directed to "6-tourists". Maybe I'm wrong, but if so it is not really what was looking for.

I'm willing bring my one of my serious girlfriends there. Hope that there are not everywhere "visible signs of prostitution"...

Domr.

Where did you see directed to 6 tourists? There would not be as you put it visible signs of prostitution everywhere. Not in your room, the grounds, the parking lot, the bar but perhaps in a room there or at the Hilton in the Capitol or anywhere. What makes you think one of your many serious girlfriends would mind prostitution since you have many perhaps she is working on the side and you don't even know it. No offense she might be a virgin.

DomRepper

Jun 22, 2009
Like I told you, there are like 10 girls from the hotel hanging around all day long near to the pool...

But the hotel is great, in concerns of being safe, clean and nearly european standard equiped...

Domr.

DomRepper

Jun 22, 2009
Update: The Field of Dreams charges 1800 pesos per night including the breakfast from the menu by choose. The setting is great!

P.S. Most of the ~10 chicas are ugly and fat!

lumberjack69

May 21, 2009
Update: The Field of Dreams charges 1800 pesos per night including the breakfast from the menu by choose. The setting is great!

P.S. Most of the ~10 chicas are ugly and fat!

They were charging $29 US for a room at the resort with bar and food available which is a pretty good deal fat and ugly girls is irrelevant if someone was staying there with ugly women. At least they have real safes and not letter boxes that can be jimmyed open like some allegedlyi Sosua hotel. Although not proven in the courts Sea Breeze has had several posts on it from guests being robbed but of course it is allegedly and not with ownership approval

Sunflower333

May 25, 2009
I've stayed at Castillo del Amber (behind coca-cola factory) at two separate occasions. Loved it the first time but experienced theft from cleaning staff the second time so have not gone back since.
My brother stayed there all winter last year -never experienced theft but was annoyed by the constant begging of staff.

Stayed at Hotel Sunshine in July. I believe I paid $40 US per night. Rooms were very clean and staff was very friendly and trustworthy. Would definitely stay there again and I love the location.

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
They were charging $29 US for a room at the resort with bar and food available which is a pretty good deal fat and ugly girls is irrelevant if someone was staying there with ugly women. At least they have real safes and not letter boxes that can be jimmyed open like some allegedlyi Sosua hotel. Although not proven in the courts Sea Breeze has had several posts on it from guests being robbed but of course it is allegedly and not with ownership approval

I didnt know this post was about the Sea Breeze safes lumberjack. FYI, the subject of the post was a good hotel in Puerta Plata, not Sosua. You are just a typical DR1 think you know it all posting gossip and not true experiences that have happened to you. Remember your own word, ALLEGEDLY!!! Maybe you should post advice on how not to go to Sosua and get drunk and get robed by a hooker and then blame the hotel when you wake up from passing out after your disgusting romp with a pay by the hour classicos novia. And please dont worry about the ownership approval, the place is full even at this time of year.

Status
Not open for further replies.