El Rocon Arena Beach Cabarete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Anyone hear what's happened to El Rocon? Is it closed for renovation or just closed?

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Anyone hear what's happened to El Rocon? Is it closed for renovation or just closed?

I have been informed via friends who were very regular customers there that, it is indeed closed for refurbishment, and the new plans sound fairly extensive and adventurous. Not sure when it will re-open but a clue might be when they put the sign back up!

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
Status of El Rocon

Stopped by on Friday. They're still remodeling. Expanded dining area. Bar moved inland. The say 3-4 weeks 'till opening. My problem is: after the last turnover of ownership, they were charging 100 pesos for a beer! What do you think they will be charging now???

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
I know the owner is planning a huge music festival for October 31 with some pretty good headliners...

DannyS

Jun 19, 2007
Details?

Any details on that? Like what big names, open to public? cost? can't just leave us hangin like that now.

DannyS

Jun 19, 2007
never mind

Sometimes I'm calendar challenged, I also fall for April Fools jokes EVERY YEAR.

So will MJ be on the bill this year?

May 24, 2009
www.swellsurfcamp.com
It's really quite fascinating this subject for me. I owned and lived in the house right next door (white house with wavy roof) for 4 years. Ramon, the owner of El Rocon was always a gentleman to me and we got along very well.

He often finds an 'investor' for aspects of his remodelling which normally takes place every couple of years - at which time, he adds to the land around it, just a little bit each time.

The restaurant never changes ownership by the way and the investor normally does not stick around for long.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
sorry for the delay, Im in canada right now, just got the news....here it is:
Tono Rosario
Frank Reyes
Sexapil
Omega
Kerubanba
Monkey Black
El Profeta
It starts at 2pm October 31 and goes till 10am the next day
Cost is 1600 pesos at the door and VIP is rd6000
There are also packages avail, with hotel, but you will have wait and see the advertising as i don't know prices
Thats all i can give you right now

DannyS

Jun 19, 2007
Wow, you WERE serious

Thanks, between that and the following weekend for the Annual Dominican Jazz Festival in Cabarete, looks like a good beginning to Nov, music wise. Stoked

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
did it ever re-open, there was suposed to be aparty that got cancelled, then never heard anything else

Status
Not open for further replies.