hurricanes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philippa

Dec 2, 2004
i know that it is hurricane season in dominican republic now, im hoping to plan a trip to the puerto plata area around sept 14, is this crazy? i know no one can predict the weather but am i going to be enjoying the beach on my vacation or be sitting in my hotel room?
any suggestions?

Imbert369

Sep 21, 2008
book ur trip iam coming in on the13th so far so good....check the dr1 weather thread it is always up to date. a great wealth of info for your trip..enjoy

May 24, 2009
www.swellsurfcamp.com
The North coast DR is very well protected from storms. Nearly all pass south or north of us and the dry air of the land mass that is Hispaniola serves very well to push the storms away from the island. The last was Jeanne in 2004 and that landed as a Hurricane in Punta Cana and reached the north coast as a slow moving Tropical Storm.

You can check the historical tracks here Hurricane History

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
Book it and enjoy it! I've been living on the north coast for 5 years and have yet to experience a hurricane, not that I want to! LOL

james

Jan 14, 2002
And I have been lving on the North Coast for 23 years---Full Time---and have yet to experience a hurricane...don't want to either.

Status
Not open for further replies.