Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Venting again...

I have read so many posts on here regarding the trials and tribulations of the VISA process for spouses, boyfriends, and families yet here today is my 3rd Dominicana patient in the last 6 days who is here in NYC to have her baby and then go back to DR in the next 2 months.
    This pi$$es me off, and now I am wondering what these women are doing that they apparently have no problem getting VISAs to come over here and drop a baby so it can be American and leave me and the rest of us taxpayers to pay for their labor/hospital bill.
    These are NOT rich people, I can guarantee you...so what is it that is getting them a VISA? Doesn't immigration see a "baby drop" scam when they see one? Do I need to apply for a job in Immigration?
    I am so sick of this and so are my co-workers. This persons family apparently doesn't even have enough money to buy lunch, how the hell are they getting VISAs to get over here to have a baby and go back. And say it with such pride..."No, Mi Amor, en 8 semanas me voy de aqui........Estoy aqui solamente para parir"
    This government needs help.
    SHALENA

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel so sad for you guys who are actually in loving relationships trying to get your spouse to the US and having to wait because these ladies apparently are hogging up all of the VISAs.
    SHALENA

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

It is funny how every expat goes and lives in the DR as they please, overstays their DR visa, apply for residency with no problem and nobody complains about them, but when a Dominican does the same in their countries they cry foul. If you want to have it, have it both ways.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeR View Post
    It is funny how every expat goes and lives in the DR as they please, overstays their DR visa, apply for residency with no problem and nobody complains about them, but when a Dominican does the same in their countries they cry foul. If you want to have it, have it both ways.

Well I guess the difference is that most expats dont move to the DR with the premise of obtaining Dominican citizenship and there may not be any real financial gain. Also consider that these expats are paying taxes on income in their homes countries, irrespective of where they reside.

As a taxpayer, it doesnt feel great to sibsidize the healthcare of the "non-contributors", foreign or otherwise.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drloca View Post
    Well I guess the difference is that most expats dont move to the DR with the premise of obtaining Dominican citizenship and there may not be any real financial gain. Also consider that these expats are paying taxes on income in their homes countries, irrespective of where they reside.

As a taxpayer, it doesnt feel great to sibsidize the healthcare of the "non-contributors", foreign or otherwise.
    They are still residing in the DR, not longer being tourist, but living and working in the DR, i know Sking case is not that one, but there are a lot of those cases in the DR, not that I find anything wrong with that as long as the services they provide in the DR is a good one. Visa holders aren't your tipical yolero who entered the US illegally. They most likely have money in the DR, and only give birth in the USA to give their children the choice of where to live when he grows up, not for the milk and diapers they could get in their toddler years. How do you think the vast Dominican community in NY got there in the first place?? As I said if you want to have it, have it both ways.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Which one has applied for Residency? NONE...they are here solely for gaining citizenship for a baby that wasn't even conceived here. They leave us to pay the bills because ALL are clinic pts with emergency Medicaid because they are pregnant, receive WIC because they are pregnant. Who do you think is paying for all of this?
    NOT ONE DOMINICAN in DR pays for me, my children, my house, or my food...that is the difference. We arrived legally and are in a legal process for residency, I have not asked Leonel to pay for ANYTHING of mine. I am contributing not taking.
    If they are lucky enough to get a VISA, let whoever sponsored them pay their bills instead of taking them straight from the plane to the Social Services office.
    SHALENA

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

What kind of status does that woman have? Immigration is neither easy nor cheap for those who come to the US. It takes a very long time and a lot of trouble. I am not sure what kind of status that woman has, but it is definitely is NOT an easy thing to do to immigrate to the US and have a child here.

Moderator - Clown Central
    Post Thanks / Like

The "Ex-pats" USUALLY are not on the Dominican Welfare system and are paying their own way, not getting Government handouts. And they are usally spending a lot of American dollars here in the D.R.

Right, lets have it both ways, make the DEAD BEATS pay or don't treat them.

Then you will really hear "foul".
    You can't do that in the Good Ole U.S. of A.

Give me free health care here in the D.R., I'm an illegal alien !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I have not heard that from any ex-pats in the D.R. that I know of.

Try telling a Dominican Clinic you have no money to pay, they will let you die first.

Americano Don

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKing View Post
    Which one has applied for Residency? NONE...they are here solely for gaining citizenship for a baby that wasn't even conceived here. They leave us to pay the bills because ALL are clinic pts with emergency Medicaid because they are pregnant, receive WIC because they are pregnant. Who do you think is paying for all of this?
    NOT ONE DOMINICAN in DR pays for me, my children, my house, or my food...that is the difference. We arrived legally and are in a legal process for residency, I have not asked Leonel to pay for ANYTHING of mine. I am contributing not taking.
    If they are lucky enough to get a VISA, let whoever sponsored them pay their bills instead of taking them straight from the plane to the Social Services office.
    SHALENA
    You see them getting WIC? You see them getting wellfare?? those children's once born return to the DR to be raised, I have known several families with more money that you can imagine doing that same thing, the only reason is to give their children a choice when they grow up where do they want to make their lives.

I have notice that you are really against Dominican immigration to the USA Sking, and I think that is a bit hypocritical having in mind you live in Santiago, in the DR. That 'I can get into your country, even live there, but I'll be really mad if you do the same in my country" attitude is really disturbing, well at least for me. I know not everybody will agree with me because this is an ex-pat forum but start thinking how Dominicans who live in the USA got there in the first place, the ones you chit chat with in NY or even the ones who post in DR1, they may have been sponsored by a family member, but that family member had to get a way to get in USA in the first place.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I have no idea of their status. I do not know if the one that I have today is wealthy or not in the DR...if she is, she plays poor really well!
    I do not object to them getting their VISAs, ok? All I want is for their sponsors to pay their bills...no one without a Social Security number should be receiving Medicaid or WIC. Period...no one without a SS# should be receiving food stamps. No one here on any kind of VISA should be getting any sort of Social Services. Period.
    The majority of them come here and end up getting C-Sections because they had their other babies by C/S in the DR, so they don't want to a vaginal birth to mess up their "twat", then us taxpayers end up paying for their hospital bill and 2-3months later they go back to the Capital (all that I have had are from the Capital) with their American baby after their free C-Section. With a suitcase full of Similac infant formula because they're getting WIC
    SHALENA

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast