searching for Catholic church in/near Sosua

eibbed

Jul 31, 2009
I did a search on DR1 for info re Catholic churches in or around Sosua; however, I only found humorous remarks.

Does anyone know where I can find a Saturday vigil or Sunday Mass in or near Sosua? I've searched what I believe is the Diocese information but I don't find a church in Sosua. Thanks in advance for your help!

eibbed

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
The parish of San Antonio de Padua is in Charamicos, just off the main highway across from the Caribe Tours stop.

There used to be a Mass in English on Sundays at 10 AM, but I do not know if it still occurs.

eibbed

Jul 31, 2009
Thanks so much for the information, Black Dog and La Proe_1! I appreciate it.

There is a catholic church at the entrance to Los Charimicos I believe!

The parish of San Antonio de Padua is in Charamicos, just off the main highway across from the Caribe Tours stop.

There used to be a Mass in English on Sundays at 10 AM, but I do not know if it still occurs.

tarrantino

Jan 12, 2006
San Antoinio de Padua can also be accessed by walking along Playa Sosua, which we usually do and if you don't mind (takes about 30 min) and the church is just a little more than a block away from the beach entrance on the right hand side.
The mass that we attend is at 10 am, but I think there is an 8 am one listed as well, the 10 oclock mass is mostly in Spanish, the bullentin is in English & Spanish though.

Bklynny

Jan 29, 2009
mrsmangu.com
Do you know if they also have mass on Saturday? My parents will be with us in Sosua next week and are looking for a Catholic mass on Saturday afternoon.

We could always take them to POP if need be but I have no idea of mass schedules at all at any of the churches.