Bilingual schools in santo Domingo

rgomez20

Dec 16, 2007
I have done some research on bilingual schools in santo domingo. I first called Carol morgan which I heard is the most prestigous school in santo domingo. They gave me a tuiton of 18,000 dollars for the first year for a student coming from the U.S Another school I called was new Horizon on Sarasota ave. So they told me that the tution was 7,000 dollars. I also called St. George for a new student the tution is going to be 12,000 dollars. So can any body tell me the tuiton for other good schools like : Norte dame, ABC school,St.Patricks,St.Michaels. My final question was why is it that the schools dont tell you the monthly payment. Does any body know in approx. estimate of the monthly payment a month of any of those schools.

Ps. thank you guys so much can you please write back as soon as possible I need this info for next week !!! thanks

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
correct me

I have done some research on bilingual schools in santo domingo. I first called Carol morgan which I heard is the most prestigous school in santo domingo. They gave me a tuiton of 18,000 dollars for the first year for a student coming from the U.S Another school I called was new Horizon on Sarasota ave. So they told me that the tution was 7,000 dollars. I also called St. George for a new student the tution is going to be 12,000 dollars. So can any body tell me the tuiton for other good schools like : Norte dame, ABC school,St.Patricks,St.Michaels. My final question was why is it that the schools dont tell you the monthly payment. Does any body know in approx. estimate of the monthly payment a month of any of those schools.

Ps. thank you guys so much can you please write back as soon as possible I need this info for next week !!! thanks

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, Carol Morgan was an all english school, did have classes where you took spanish, the others like st. george, st. thomas, st. michaels. are dual language schools, I think. don't know about Norte Dame, or ABC. Used to be an a school in arroyo hondo called the international school I believe. Was like Carol Morgan all english classes.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
More or less - many of the so-called bi-lingual schools in the capital are schools that teach in English, usually a US curriculum with certification from a US education board + the mandatory subjects in Spanish required by the Dominican ministry of Education: usually Spanish Language and Moral y Civica.

There may be others in addition to New Horizons but as far as I know it is the only one that teaches a full dual curriculum in English and Spanish.

The way the payments are structured varies by school. They usually have three payment options - one where you pay in full and get a small discount, one where you pay in two or three installments, and one where you pay monthly. Fee also varies according to grade so you would have to contact each school individually. I would estimate that most of the schools mentioned cost about US$6,000 per year these days. Others worth mentioning are Community for Learning, Dominico-Americano, Ashton, St Joseph's.

rgomez20

Dec 16, 2007
Thank you guy so much for your answers and opinions. Do any of you have kids who have gone to the schools above? and if so how was your payment plan like? for example how much did you have to pay a month?

Ps. you guys are alot of help thanks!!!!

rgomez20

Dec 16, 2007
Hello again I wanted to know do you think it is worth sending your kids to study in santo domingo? I know it's a good enviroment for then to grow in. But when there older and want to go back to the states would that be a draw back that they didnt study completly in america.

rgomez20

Dec 16, 2007
School payment plans

Thank you guy so much for your answers and opinions. Do any of you have kids who have gone to the schools above? and if so how was your payment plan like? for example how much did you have to pay a month?

rgomez20

Dec 16, 2007
Private schools in santo domingo

for those who dont know the schools are: carol morgan new horizon norte dame abc school st george ect....

Santos

Aug 10, 2008
It was (for 2nd grade) 24000 pesos to register, and then 6000 a month for each month after. Class from 7:45-2:30.