Flu Vaccinations

carib

Jul 16, 2002
Hi all,
We are curious... anyone know if:glasses: Dominican hospitals or clinics will have the swine fly vaccinations?
Its currently unknown if they will be available in the USA and also this requires multiple shots.....
??? anyone know???
The only flu shot available in USA now is a normal flu shot.
Thanks all
Carib

suzannel

Jun 7, 2006
Still don't know when or where it will be available in the DR. However, ABC news reported tonight that the trials have shown that one shot will be enough of the vaccine for adults and the the CDC agree. The children's trials will be finished in 2 weeks, at the moment they think that only small children will require 2 shots.

Jan 5, 2006
The only flu shot available in USA now is a normal flu shot.

An H1N1 vaccine is expected to be available for wide distribution in the USA in 4 to 6 weeks.

There were reports that the DR government has ordered a supply of the vaccine, but I haven't seen or heard anything since. At some point, I would expect it to become available, with the usual standard, of he who can afford it, gets it first. :)

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Last year I tried to hunt down a place or provider for regular flu shots. To no avail. I was referred to the local centro de vaccunas... at times to be promised they would have it in a week, and later yet another week and so on, or to simple be looked at in total disbelieve, incapable to understand w h a t I wanted.

H1N1, is another story. Still, I have to say that I have yet to hear about a single dose of Tamiflu having been distributed to anyone who checked in with acute flu symptoms consistent with H1N1.

... J-D.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
In Massachusetts, where PJT receives his immunization shots at a local travel clinic, the word from them is that H1N1 vacine will not be available to them until mid to late October. This clinic is usually the first in the area to acquire vaccines due to the nature of its business. Note: PJT did receive his shot at the clinic yesterday for the seasonal flu.

If the information is any barometer of a time line of availability of H1N1 vaccine, it will be a while before it hits the shores of the island.

Regards,
PJT