Any secure camp ground in the country.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
I would like to take "my" girls and part of their family camping... you know, tents, grilling (searching for fire wood), studying plants, walking a little (without a motoconcho, imagine!), playin' guit'tar and singing around the camp fire after sundown, looking at the stars while sharing stories, waking up next morning with a stiff back a ants all over. :)

But, if in any way possible, without having been assaulted, raped, tied up on the next mata de coco or just plain waking up in the middle of a field under the clear sky... wondering where the tent went to.

Maybe toilets, possibility to wash (at least a safe rio)...

Where? :bunny:

... J-D

POPNYChic

Bronze
Jul 27, 2009
its called "spending a day out in the deep campo" lol i have never heard of secure camping grounds, as its just not something locals do. if they wanna "rough it" they spend the weekend at their families in the campo lol

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I would like to take "my" girls and part of their family camping... you know, tents, grilling (searching for fire wood), studying plants, walking a little (without a motoconcho, imagine!), playin' guit'tar and singing around the camp fire after sundown, looking at the stars while sharing stories, waking up next morning with a stiff back a ants all over. :)

But, if in any way possible, without having been assaulted, raped, tied up on the next mata de coco or just plain waking up in the middle of a field under the clear sky... wondering where the tent went to.

Maybe toilets, possibility to wash (at least a safe rio)...

Where? :bunny:

... J-D

You would be most welcome to 'pitch your tent' down at the river pool on our finca about 5 miles from Sabaneta. Can promise the stars at night, nice tracks to walk along and find plants and wood for the fire. Lambs, cow, donkey and horses in the fields and piggies to see. We find it a totally safe area. Non commercial so no real 'mod cons' but please PM me if you are interested.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Arigatou!

Pig, Chirimoya, POPNYChick, Glider, JR and WhirleyBird, thanks for your insightful responses. I frankly didn't expect any at first (meant to ask many times in the past) but since not only PriceSmart sells tents but also Nacional, I thought there may be a chance.
I'll be checking out some places first before I drag the girls into the mud.

WhirleyBird, well, what can I say? You are very generous. I WILL contact you and visit you all... actually, wanted to for some time since I am "on" lamb.

Thanks! ... J-D.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Pig, Chirimoya, POPNYChick, Glider, JR and WhirleyBird, thanks for your insightful responses. I frankly didn't expect any at first (meant to ask many times in the past) but since not only PriceSmart sells tents but also Nacional, I thought there may be a chance.
I'll be checking out some places first before I drag the girls into the mud.

WhirleyBird, well, what can I say? You are very generous. I WILL contact you and visit you all... actually, wanted to for some time since I am "on" lamb.

Thanks! ... J-D.

You will be most welcome - just let us know when you would like to visit, with or without camping equipment :cheeky: