A question for photographers who post photos online...

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I want to set up an online site to post photos.

I used one in the past and it was great, but it was so long ago I forgot which one I used.

A friend recommended shutterfly.com but I want to know what other sites are popular.

So a few questions for those who post photos online-

1) Which service do you use and why?

2) Are most of them free, or do the better ones charge an annual fee?

I know there are some great photographers in DR1 land so your comments will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
I use Picasaweb from Google.
It's free and I can link either whole albums or single photos to Myspace, Facebook etc. The albums can be made public or have restricted access(locked). There is a feature where your friends, family or co-workers can be notified anytime you update your albums if you so choose, and, you can designate individuals who can contribute(upload) photos to your site. Lots of other features. I can send you a link to my site so you can see ease of navigation. I also use Tinypic and Flickr but PW is my favorite. Hope that helps.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I have been pleased with Online photo sharing and digital photo printing from AdoramaPix.com for slideshows, storage, and printing. What makes ordering photos nice is you can crop the photos after you have uploaded them. They usually develop, print, and ship the same day.

If you just want a place to present slide shows for your friends there are probably better choices.

adrianb presented a very nice slideshow in the Santo "Domingo Music + beach" thread which I like very much.