Mass email providers?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Most local list marketers are pure spammers, but I guess it's still has some effect in the local market. Look at the bottom of the local spam emails you receive for who is doing what.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Foreign companies are not spamming locals, it's mainly local mass mailing businesses spamming locals.

Sure, you can use a local company, but from what I have seen they are all spammers. I have yet to see one that does the right thing or has permission based email lists.

Try the company below and ask the following questions.

1) How do you get your emails? Are they permission based (optin)?
2) Can I get stats on my mailing? Delivered emails, email open rates and link clicks?

Email Marketing Services, R.D. - L?der del eMarketing en Rep?blica Dominicana.
Solicitud de Servicios llame al (809) 238-0283 / 561-8306 / 706-1000 / 706-2000

Let's us know how you get on.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Better to compile your own list based on your target market than use these spam merchants who do not do any targeting.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Juanita,
Have you considered google ads? Low cost, pretty easy setup if you have a credit card (not sure if they accept DR credit cards).

You target your audience by setting up your keywords for when people use google for a search. Your puzzle would show up when people search "children educational toy" or whatever words you want to use. You control what you are willing to pay for a click on your ad (as low as US$0.01/click). You control how much you want to spend each month. I think perhaps US$5 or $US10 is a minimum. Can stop it at any time. It can be made to show only on searches made from within Dominican Republic (or if you're willing to export to certain countries you can include the ad to show up there). you can learn more at http://www.google.com/adwords

ALSO... shoot for some free advertising. Perhaps write an article yourself about how all this is done locally & submit to some of the Dominican blogs for them to use. Perhaps get some newspaper coverage in the same way.

On the line of 'if you're willing to export'... ebay works well, too, for showcasing your product.

Last edited:

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
I will do as Robert said and ask those questions. Free advertising, we think the same..This morning MiniWiz was on channel 21, Magazine America, Antena Latina at 11am, I was invited to the show to talk about the product. Juanita Live!! Jejeje

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
1) How do you get your emails? Are they permission based (optin)? They could not answer that question, just that they have a long list in their database and if the user wishes he can be taken out from their list.
2) Can I get stats on my mailing? Delivered emails, email open rates and link clicks?No, they only have stats of how many mails were sent out, how many were returned and at what time. They say they have over 1,250,000 addresses.
And those places are not cheap either, so far: $5000, 6000 for one shot.

Kajuilito

Sep 12, 2009
have you considered using networking sites like hi5 and facebook? there are lots of people who would constitute as your market and its free access to them. you can easily do searches with the words "dominican republic" and instantly come across hundreds of people who would potentially buy from you. more and more people have profiles.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
1) How do you get your emails? Are they permission based (optin)? They could not answer that question, just that they have a long list in their database and if the user wishes he can be taken out from their list.
2) Can I get stats on my mailing? Delivered emails, email open rates and link clicks?No, they only have stats of how many mails were sent out, how many were returned and at what time. They say they have over 1,250,000 addresses.
And those places are not cheap either, so far: $5000, 6000 for one shot.

Couldn't answer either question 1 or 2. Basically spammers :)

RD$5000 to RD$6000 for one mailing to all 1,250,000 addresses?

The problem is, most businesses here are clueless how the Internet works, marketing etc, this is how services like this can survive.

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
have you considered using networking sites like hi5 and facebook? there are lots of people who would constitute as your market and its free access to them. you can easily do searches with the words "dominican republic" and instantly come across hundreds of people who would potentially buy from you. more and more people have profiles.

I just published it in Facebook yesterday, now slowly adding fans!

Reactions: mountainannie

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Couldn't answer either question 1 or 2. Basically spammers :)

RD$5000 to RD$6000 for one mailing to all 1,250,000 addresses?

The problem is, most businesses here are clueless how the Internet works, marketing etc, this is how services like this can survive.

What Robert says is so true. Juanita - you know your target market - pre-schools, primary schools, stationery shops, bookshops, libraries, organisations that work with children, hospitals, paediatricians, child psychologists, toy shops, parents with children, teachers, children themselves, salas de tarea, etc? Focus on reaching these and not mass mailing a sixth of the population! In any case I think you're doing well on all other fronts - e-mail promotion should not be a priority.