Moving to the Caribbean

Steve Sisk

Sep 12, 2009
I'm a senior in college planning on eventually going to Chiropractic school, but I want to take some time in between graduating and three more years of school to live a little. I really want to try living on a Caribbean island for six months-a year, but I don't know much about it and am trying to educate myself to see if I can really make it happen.

If I go I'll probably have at least one other person with me, and I'll be interested in some sort of gainful employment (not looking for a career, just something to cover cost of living) and reasonable housing.

Any suggestions anyone might have about a good location, or any other tips will be greatly appreciated.

bryan1258

Bronze
Dec 24, 2007
I'm a senior in college planning on eventually going to Chiropractic school, but I want to take some time in between graduating and three more years of school to live a little. I really want to try living on a Caribbean island for six months-a year, but I don't know much about it and am trying to educate myself to see if I can really make it happen.

If I go I'll probably have at least one other person with me, and I'll be interested in some sort of gainful employment (not looking for a career, just something to cover cost of living) and reasonable housing.

Any suggestions anyone might have about a good location, or any other tips will be greatly appreciated.
Go polish yachts in BVI. Trust me on this one. You would have to compete with a pretty hungry crowd for jobs that pay a pittance in the DR. Good luck.