Buy a house in Sosua

W

Wim

I can now buy a little house ( about 5 meter in 7 meter ) in the place called " Maranata " in Sosua . The price they ask is 17 000 pesos . The house is in good condition . Do yo think it is to much for this house ? And when I buy it do I need to do registration it ? If yes , where than ?

S

Sarah

$1000US, more or less? Sounds like a steal! Are you sure you're being fair to the owner?

D

Duck

$1.000 US, housing is cheap, but I find the price suspiciously low. Anyhow if you spend more than 3 months there you can almost write it off anyway.

E

Eddy

Very cheap. You sure the guy who is selling is the real owner?
If you can, do a title check. Even $1,000.00 is too much if you're getting ripped off. And yes you should register it after you purchase. Sounds like a funny deal but Good Luck.

D

Dummy

...and don't forget: If it rains a bit more than usual, Maranata stays flooded for days.

H

hillbilly

I would be suspicious

But first I need to know exactly where that is...Perhaps one of the North Coast residents can help you out with that.

As you have been told-TITLE CHECK-!!!***&&%%!!! ABSOLUTELY.
there are several very rich people in Sosua that have made money selling fake titles and Intention to Purchace Agreements as if they were the deal itself.

Be very careful...35 square meters of construction should be a lot more than that. At only RD$2,000,that's RD$70,000...

Pappy always said:"When it sounds to good to be true, it usually is!"

HB

T

Tom

You will find that some of the land has been invaded and the owner of the house does not have ownership of the actual land it sits on. When sold amongst family and long time aquaintances these rights are respected, but a stranger from another country might not have these same priveledges. I would suspect that many of the homes in Maranata fall into this category. I had Dominican employees you live there. There are ways of legalizing these squatter rights but this needs an attorney and some $$$.