Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

the road is more than fine... wide enough for 2 cars at all places, and at the only hairpin there is plenty of warning and the road at that point is now laid out that you are forced to take the safe way.

about the view... great during the day, and great at night... just different

I will drive anyone up there day and night in return for a free meal... lol

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob saunders View Post
    Whats the drive down like at night- otherwise hows the road.
    Not a problem. Probably one of the best engineered hardpacked gray gravel roads I've ever driven. Wide, flat, great drainage, well-maintained and reflectors everywhere for night. There are a couple of steep areas, but easily doable.

Jamacka de Dios is a class mountain development run by a super guy.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    Not a problem. Probably one of the best engineered hardpacked gray gravel roads I've ever driven. Wide, flat, great drainage, well-maintained and reflectors everywhere for night. There are a couple of steep areas, but easily doable.

Jamacka de Dios is a class mountain development run by a super guy.
    I had meant to go there on my last trip, just as I meant to visit you but my wife kept changing my priorities. Next year should be permanent so I can start being more social as well as having a car to get around in.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I love Jarabacoa... The best part of Dominican Republic...
    So many motorcycles... Cant wait to go back...

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How to get there..

Can someone post how to get to this place? I know Jarabacoa, but don't know how to get to the Restaurant. My next visit to Jarabacoa will be in July 2011... Gracias

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
    Can someone post how to get to this place? I know Jarabacoa, but don't know how to get to the Restaurant. My next visit to Jarabacoa will be in July 2011... Gracias
    Sounds like a good place to head after the horsey show. Show us the way!

Post Thanks / Like

Default getting there

From the esso gas station coming into Jarabacoa:
    At the Jesus where the road forks (in front of banco popular) take the left. keep following this road until the shell gas station. at the shell, follow the road that goes straight (you'll go around the shell to the right). after a bit, you'll go over 2 speed bumps and then you'll come to an intersection. here you'll take the right fork, but not the full right turn (keep the japanese garden on the left hand side of the road). follow this road out of town. after a couple kilometers, the road will take a sharp right. soon after this, there's an intersection. turn left here. you'll see a sign for jamaca de dios pointing the way. after about a half a kilometer, you'll come to another intersection. go straight, leaving the asphalt. again, you'll see a sign for jamaca de dios. this road will go up, curve right, and then you'll be at the entrance to jamaca de dios! pull into the entrance, sign in, and the guard will let you up.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bertosmind View Post
    pull into the entrance, sign in, and the guard will let you up.
    Keep in mind they will charge a couple hundred pesos for just going in, credited against restaurant purchases, like a door charge. I guess they tired of folks driing up for sightseeing.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bertosmind View Post
    From the esso gas station coming into Jarabacoa:
    At the Jesus where the road forks (in front of banco popular) take the left. keep following this road until the shell gas station. at the shell, follow the road that goes straight (you'll go around the shell to the right). after a bit, you'll go over 2 speed bumps and then you'll come to an intersection. here you'll take the right fork, but not the full right turn (keep the japanese garden on the left hand side of the road). follow this road out of town. after a couple kilometers, the road will take a sharp right. soon after this, there's an intersection. turn left here. you'll see a sign for jamaca de dios pointing the way. after about a half a kilometer, you'll come to another intersection. go straight, leaving the asphalt. again, you'll see a sign for jamaca de dios. this road will go up, curve right, and then you'll be at the entrance to jamaca de dios! pull into the entrance, sign in, and the guard will let you up.
    are these directions from Santiago or Puerto Plata ? If not from Puerto Plata, how do you get there and how long does it take ? It looks beautiful !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12