Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,101
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    the road is more than fine... wide enough for 2 cars at all places, and at the only hairpin there is plenty of warning and the road at that point is now laid out that you are forced to take the safe way.

    about the view... great during the day, and great at night... just different

    I will drive anyone up there day and night in return for a free meal... lol

  2. #12
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    36,881
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bob saunders View Post
    Whats the drive down like at night- otherwise hows the road.
    Not a problem. Probably one of the best engineered hardpacked gray gravel roads I've ever driven. Wide, flat, great drainage, well-maintained and reflectors everywhere for night. There are a couple of steep areas, but easily doable.

    Jamacka de Dios is a class mountain development run by a super guy.

  3. #13
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    26,203
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    Not a problem. Probably one of the best engineered hardpacked gray gravel roads I've ever driven. Wide, flat, great drainage, well-maintained and reflectors everywhere for night. There are a couple of steep areas, but easily doable.

    Jamacka de Dios is a class mountain development run by a super guy.
    I had meant to go there on my last trip, just as I meant to visit you but my wife kept changing my priorities. Next year should be permanent so I can start being more social as well as having a car to get around in.

  4. #14
    Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    22
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I love Jarabacoa... The best part of Dominican Republic...
    So many motorcycles... Cant wait to go back...

  5. #15
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    500
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default How to get there..

    Can someone post how to get to this place? I know Jarabacoa, but don't know how to get to the Restaurant. My next visit to Jarabacoa will be in July 2011... Gracias

  6. #16
    Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    469
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
    Can someone post how to get to this place? I know Jarabacoa, but don't know how to get to the Restaurant. My next visit to Jarabacoa will be in July 2011... Gracias
    Sounds like a good place to head after the horsey show. Show us the way!

  7. #17
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default getting there

    From the esso gas station coming into Jarabacoa:
    At the Jesus where the road forks (in front of banco popular) take the left. keep following this road until the shell gas station. at the shell, follow the road that goes straight (you'll go around the shell to the right). after a bit, you'll go over 2 speed bumps and then you'll come to an intersection. here you'll take the right fork, but not the full right turn (keep the japanese garden on the left hand side of the road). follow this road out of town. after a couple kilometers, the road will take a sharp right. soon after this, there's an intersection. turn left here. you'll see a sign for jamaca de dios pointing the way. after about a half a kilometer, you'll come to another intersection. go straight, leaving the asphalt. again, you'll see a sign for jamaca de dios. this road will go up, curve right, and then you'll be at the entrance to jamaca de dios! pull into the entrance, sign in, and the guard will let you up.

  8. #18
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    36,881
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bertosmind View Post
    pull into the entrance, sign in, and the guard will let you up.
    Keep in mind they will charge a couple hundred pesos for just going in, credited against restaurant purchases, like a door charge. I guess they tired of folks driing up for sightseeing.

  9. #19
    Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    77
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bertosmind View Post
    From the esso gas station coming into Jarabacoa:
    At the Jesus where the road forks (in front of banco popular) take the left. keep following this road until the shell gas station. at the shell, follow the road that goes straight (you'll go around the shell to the right). after a bit, you'll go over 2 speed bumps and then you'll come to an intersection. here you'll take the right fork, but not the full right turn (keep the japanese garden on the left hand side of the road). follow this road out of town. after a couple kilometers, the road will take a sharp right. soon after this, there's an intersection. turn left here. you'll see a sign for jamaca de dios pointing the way. after about a half a kilometer, you'll come to another intersection. go straight, leaving the asphalt. again, you'll see a sign for jamaca de dios. this road will go up, curve right, and then you'll be at the entrance to jamaca de dios! pull into the entrance, sign in, and the guard will let you up.
    are these directions from Santiago or Puerto Plata ? If not from Puerto Plata, how do you get there and how long does it take ? It looks beautiful !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •