driving from SD to Punta Cana - need advice!

Celery013

Sep 21, 2006
I'm moving to Cap Cana this Monday to start a new job. I'm flying in from the States, and because I'm taking my dog with me I HAVE to fly into SDQ b/c I'm flying Continental Airlines, and they only have non-stop flights into that airport.

All that said, once I land, I would like to drive to Cap Cana, but I have heard that it would be very dangerous for me to drive by myself. Because I have my dog, I have to rule out the option of taking a bus. Does anyone else have any other ideas or suggestions on a safe form of transportation for me and my dog?

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
arrange for a "cab" ride...

I'm moving to Cap Cana this Monday to start a new job. I'm flying in from the States, and because I'm taking my dog with me I HAVE to fly into SDQ b/c I'm flying Continental Airlines, and they only have non-stop flights into that airport.

All that said, once I land, I would like to drive to Cap Cana, but I have heard that it would be very dangerous for me to drive by myself. Because I have my dog, I have to rule out the option of taking a bus. Does anyone else have any other ideas or suggestions on a safe form of transportation for me and my dog?

I would be surprised you could not take you dog on the bus. If they allow it, they will most likely require for you to place it in a similar crate it came on your flight and travel in the luggage compartment.

However, to take the bus, you would have to hire a cab ride into Santo Domingo city, which does not come cheap, from the airport especially if you just hop in a cab at the terminal.
Yet, non-airport cab companies are cheaper and some may offer a ride directly into PUC instead for a doable rate. Maybe your best bet with the dogie.
Companies, maybe including the one you come to work for, usually know one or two trusted cab drivers they regularly use for "this'n'that". If I were you, I'd start by asking them if they could arrange for a pickup at SDQ and ride to PUC.

Then, you might also want to look into some what these guys may have to offer:

... J-D.