Tech guy looking for work

dlcc

Oct 18, 2007
I have worked in various areas of the IT world giving me the opportunity to gain a broad range of technological experience. My background includes network design and development, database design and development, web development, programming, technical writing and software training.

I'm looking to work on the North Coast preferable but open to any and all options. If anyone is interesting in my skill set let's talk.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Job boards

I have worked in various areas of the IT world giving me the opportunity to gain a broad range of technological experience. My background includes network design and development, database design and development, web development, programming, technical writing and software training.

I'm looking to work on the North Coast preferable but open to any and all options. If anyone is interesting in my skill set let's talk.

Look a the job boards
Bolsa de trabajo y Ofertas de empleo - CompuTrabajo Rep.Dominicana
infoempleos.net / Asesoria integral recursos humanos

dlcc

Oct 18, 2007
Hoping

After reviewing the sites I see only a couple of things with all offers in Santo Domingo or Santiago.

I was hoping for something possibly on the North coast. Maybe a business or hotel that requires some web, general systems, or network installations or upgrades. Or perhaps someone who needs to set up a wireless network and install new systems.

Just thinking out loud.

dlcc

Oct 18, 2007
The Quandary

Guess I'm out of luck unless I want to live and work in the big city.

I think the problem is my lack of contacts and inability to network properly. As we all know it's all about contacts. It's a quandary because you need to be there to network and make contacts, but you need money to be there.

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
youre a tech guy so network online. add value to communities that can help you get a job. be a moderator on dr1. help robert on the side. etc. it will take some time investment but can definitely work

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
My advice would be to get a remote programming work in USA or Europe and then move here, Internet has no barriers and you can finish your work in your laptop and then go out to the beach. Then while you network a bit more in the DR you will be able to get a local job. The North Coast is the worst place to get that kind of job, almost the 70% of those jobs are in Santo Domingo or Santiago.

dlcc

Oct 18, 2007
Informal Survey - Remote Work

I'd love to know how many "IT" people who live here are actually making a living doing work remotely via elance or rentacoder or similar.

Are any of you DR1's making a living in this fashion?

Sep 22, 2009
I work with a network of clients (US and DR) with needs for developers with Java/C++ formal development experience to build enterprise-level applications for iPhone and BB (Google Android also).

How's that for an opportunity on the North Coast?