Buscando Empleo

Mariposazul

May 5, 2005
Employment:
Anyone have some sort of connection???

Spanish Speaking Only
25/male
Studying Computers @ UTESA
Hard working, honest, and very reliable.

Thanks, I really appreciate it.:classic:

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Computers /English

In the end, anyone who is doing anything with computers except just building or repairing them is going to have to speak English...

And unfortunately the city is paved with bilingual computer tech guys.

Mariposazul

May 5, 2005
I'm just keeping it simple and with hope that there is someone out there that is looking to find an employee. One must have connections to start with in this country, so DR1 is a great place to ask! I realize with the current economy, it is like one in a mil, but why not ask around??

Meanwhile--I have another question:

In the United States, it usually doesn't appear rude to call or even stop by the company and ask if they liked what happened during your interview. (I have often done this and therefore got the job!!)

In the D.R. it appears that you NEVER call or stop by to follow up. You wait for them to call you...Why is that??? Do you find this to be true???

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I have noticed that the local banks here in Santiago prefer to have college students working in them. Tell him to check at the Coop San Jose.

Sep 22, 2009
I'm just keeping it simple and with hope that there is someone out there that is looking to find an employee. One must have connections to start with in this country, so DR1 is a great place to ask! I realize with the current economy, it is like one in a mil, but why not ask around??

Meanwhile--I have another question:

In the United States, it usually doesn't appear rude to call or even stop by the company and ask if they liked what happened during your interview. (I have often done this and therefore got the job!!)

In the D.R. it appears that you NEVER call or stop by to follow up. You wait for them to call you...Why is that??? Do you find this to be true???

Let me just save you months or perhaps a year+:

If you seek professional employement in Santo Domingo, Santiago, etc. you need play the game like all the rest. If you don't have a contact (I guess not, based on your post) then your choices are limited:

1) Need a recognized degree from an "employable trade" like Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering, Law, Accounting, etc.

2) At minimum have legal residency in DR, preferrably a Cedula

3) Place a profile on Aldaba.com

4) If you are of the executive or upper managerial status, the Top Executive search firm is called G.A. Tavares y Asociados.

5) Many companies still publish ads in respectable publications like Listin Diario.

Generally speaking, cold-calling HR departments will get you "hung up" on.

If you don't mind grunt work, you can venture into the malls, store-to-store and fill out applications. Place like LaSirena, Plaza Lama, CareerFour, etc. also have high employee turnover and are always looking.

Did you say you had an IT background? One stragtegy may be to take an agent job in one of the call centers. Slowly build confidence with your supervisor and other managers. let them know you possess this skill. Maybe one day a sys admin position may open up - you never know. Call centers have challenging infrastructures in terms of telco, predictive-dialing sytems, etc.

Mariposazul

May 5, 2005
The King of Mangu======thanks ;)

Two problems are that the degree isn't finished yet (and won't be until he has a salary to even pay for it) and VERY low English skills. His profile is on Aldaba.

Like I said, and you said-----connections are the way to go!!!