hottest place in the DR

ronks

Aug 13, 2003
What is the hottest place in the DR? I am referring to consistent temperature, not spikes, which can happen anywhere. This should factor in all seasons of the year.

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
Consistently, this has to be at the offices of CDEEE in Santo Domingo (the electricity folks' offices) hahahahahaha

My guess is Barahona, in the south. Next to the ocean, farthest south in the DR, stable temperatures without wintertime mountain breezes.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
I agree...............

Bahahona with Neyba a close second if not the leader.............

Last edited:

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Pedernales..... I registered the temp at 114 last june when walking down the street

oh of course, that is a DRY heat
so you don't feel it

je je je

(actually, it is true. I was far more comfortable there than in Las Terreanas)

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
I have a pic of the

.............Dominican Republic temperature chart..................but don't know how to insert it.....

........I've asked before, but haven't been able to figure out how to add a picture to a post........

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There are places like Jaquipicao that are ovens. It stands to reason that the further south should be hotter.
Mao is hot, Villa Vasquez, and Guayubin.
But I'd bet on the south..

HB

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
What is the hottest place in the DR? I am referring to consistent temperature, not spikes, which can happen anywhere. This should factor in all seasons of the year.

When I have to spend up to 4 hours outside, I'm only aware of the heat on any golf course. Hands down the hottest course even if it is along the ocean is Punta Espada G.C ,Cap Cana. Followed by La Cana G.C. in the area. Played both in the months of March, July, and Sept. and the temperatures felt like in the high 90's to low 100's.
As for spikes, can only use soft ones:cheeky:

Last edited: