Where to find FORM IMM10a!!! - Immigration Canada

sandra65

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 7, 2009
Hello everyone! My husband was requested by EMAIL to send original birth and marriage ACTA and EXTRACTO.

Plus to fill in attached form IMM10a which was corrupted. My husband tried to open, I tried to open it, my technical people at office and no one was able to open the attachment. We renamed it, we did everything and nothing!

We wrote back to Haiti but since sometimes they do not answer fast we are trying to find this form so he can send everything by FEDEX asap! It's not on cic website and I know it's a form to testify that he has no children. Anyone knows where I can get it? My husband has the rest ready to fedex!

They also asked him to go to Haiti for interview if he wanted to be faster! So for sure he said yes and now they are suppose to give him the interview date. Since he was contacted by email, he responded by email and we hope that they will resend this form but in the meantime if anyone knows where to get it we would appreciate!

We do not want to wait another 5 months to get that form :) GRACIAS

twillis

Jun 22, 2009
I found this form on-line in French, but otherwise have no idea. I did a Google translate. If you can't find one, send this in, and request one via mail ... which will take forever ... maybe this one is left to the "professionals" like Sangria or AnnaC

congrats by the way. :)

sandra65

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 7, 2009
Hey twillis! Thanks! But where exactly did you find it in French! I do not care, I speak French, English and Spanish :)

twillis

Jun 22, 2009
Just reading more mand it seems todiscover went through this also and has a copy of the form electronically. Maybe PM her. Let me know how it goes.

sandra65

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 7, 2009
Twillis you are awesome! I copy paste and sent to my husband but also to haiti to make sure it's the right form! My husband will send either by UPS or Fedex from Puerto Plata latest next Monday with the other documents and hopefully he will get his interview in Haiti soon! Will keep you posted. thanks again for your help!

jojocdn

Mar 9, 2008
we were asked for the same documents in June...they have it in Haiti and called us to the embassy to pick it up and sign it there while dropping off other documents...I tried and tried to get the form from the link and had IT people try...no luck...they supplied it at the embassy....

twillis

Jun 22, 2009
Has your husband been to Haiti. Mine has. He said it was very intimidating there. Tell him to stay to himself. Plus the buses are horrible. They get you there after the immigration office closes, so you have to stay overnight in a hotel. Not so good. I would go to for the interview, but just tell him to be careful.

kacy

Feb 3, 2008
My husband and I could also not open this form (also corrupt and my it people couldn't help) - so we would like it if anyone has it - but he has a daughter so I"m not sure why they sent it to us - at any rate - he went to the embassy and asked for it and they said they would provide it at our interview and it was straightforward and easy to fill out right there. Still I wouldn't mind taking a peak to be sure we're ready.

As for Haiti - it is faster - but no way my husband is going there - he didn't seem ok with it and I definately wasn't. So be very very careful! and of course, good luck!

sandra65

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 7, 2009
Hi Kacy! you can actually see the content of form by going in Twillis post from yesterday at 7:59 pm and click on "dossier" it will take you to the form in French. If you're husband has a daughter in the form it's indicated to certify that all the dependent children were in your application.

We did not receive any email today from Haiti to confirm if we had the right form. We will send it anyways signed with the other documents they asked for. When we have the date to go to Haiti I will probably go with my husband. Our plan is to take plane or bus and from terminal go straight to the hotel and next day taxi to Embassy and after return to DR as fast as possible! No tourist activities :) It's in Port-au-Prince and the Canadian Embassy is in a "safe area". Will keep you posted as soon as we know for the interview date.

kacy

Feb 3, 2008
Hi Sandra65!! Saw the form - one question - he has a daughter and we included her and had her medicals done but she is not accompanying - the form says the following children are accompanying me at a later date though their medicals were done - I assume that's what he'd say - though we have no plans to relocate her in the future - but we would like her to be able to visit in the future... I would think they would explain that to my husband so I won't worry too much!!!

good luck in Haiti - you're very brave - though I"m sure its like the dominican and if you mind your business you'll be ok! And thanks so much for the info - I feel better having seen it and knowing we can deal with it when i get there the first week in October! they better just remember to bring it - this must be what my husband was referring to though - when he went I asked for him to pick up a copy - when he phoned he said he couldn't think of the words in english but they couldn't just give him one it was special - I bet he was thinking of the barcode and that it would be filled in with his specific info.

Thanks again!!!

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
Sandra,

Some info on travelling to Haiti.

Your husband needs a visa to travel there. It costs about $85 US and takes a day or 2 to get.

The bus travels once a day and he will need to stay overnight 1 or 2 nights depending on bus schedules and interview times.

The bus is also expensive $150 US leaving from Caribe Tours in Santo Domingo.

I will send you a name to one of the women in Dominicano Spouses that has actually done this and can you give some info.

If the IMMH10a form is not right, they will likely have him sign another at the embassy in Haiti.

Good Luck!
Sangria

todiscover

May 17, 2007
You will not be able to get that form online or anywhere else. It has to come directly from Haiti. Luckily enough, I kept a copy of the forms when i got mine in the mail. Send me a PM and i can send to you electronically. There is a cover letter and checklist that comes with that form, however. So, if you havent gotten your letter in the mail, you may not know everything that they are asking of you. FYI.

todiscover

May 17, 2007
Another thing to mention, on these forms i believe they only need to know about biological children or children that you have legally taken ownership for. I would not mention step children by marriage. I dont think that would help you.

sandra65

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 7, 2009
Thanks todiscover! Today I got a reply from Haiti and they sent back the form as pdf English and French! So if anyones needs it, pm and will email to you. They also mentionned that my husband will get an email soon with the date for interview either in Haiti or Santo Domingo. We will wait and see :)

twillis

Jun 22, 2009
Sandra65 have you heard back from Haiti yet on an interview date? You might have been better off taking the October one in Santo Domingo.