Thread: LCD TV repairs?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default LCD TV repairs?

My 46" Westingouse HD LCD is on the fritz. From time to time when power went out when TV came back on it would have audio and no video. Usually I would just "reboot" it and it would work. Often requiring I actually unplug it from the wall. Sometimes I needed to leave it unplugged for a few minutes.

I would know I was getting close when the westinghouse logo would at least show up on power on and I could change inputs via the menu or remote. Now I get black screen with audio and can not even get TV to display the menu text. I have left it unplugged overnight and it still will not work.

It was not bought here but would be out of warranty anyway. Can anyone recommend a reliable service center that can handle LCD TVs?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rafael View Post
    My 46" Westingouse HD LCD is on the fritz. From time to time when power went out when TV came back on it would have audio and no video. Usually I would just "reboot" it and it would work. Often requiring I actually unplug it from the wall. Sometimes I needed to leave it unplugged for a few minutes.

I would know I was getting close when the westinghouse logo would at least show up on power on and I could change inputs via the menu or remote. Now I get black screen with audio and can not even get TV to display the menu text. I have left it unplugged overnight and it still will not work.

It was not bought here but would be out of warranty anyway. Can anyone recommend a reliable service center that can handle LCD TVs?
    Over the years, I've had excellent service from Santana's on Cucurulo St. in Santiago. Near Sanchez I think. They speak English and the price is right. Perhaps HB or AZB know of another place.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
    Over the years, I've had excellent service from Santana's on Cucurulo St. in Santiago. Near Sanchez I think. They speak English and the price is right. Perhaps HB or AZB know of another place.
    Thanks. I am in SDQ but novia is from STI so if I can't find a place in la capital we can go visit her family and have a steak at Puerto Madero!