meaning of words?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
the dominican meanings of these words:
-cotorra = Parrot or someone who talks to much and won't shut up (or is really ugly)
-sofocando = suffocating, too much, too hot, overwhelming...

that should do it, I think,
HB

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Taxi driver's code for beer = cotorra.

Verde es que te quiero verdeee!!

JJ

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Hey, that is so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 thanks...Dame una cotorra!!! Qu? bien!!

Papa HB

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Both are used as slangs words:

Cotorra: Technically, a lie you use to get something you need or want. Example: Ahi le meti una cotorra al profesor pa' que no me queme la materia.

Sofocando: Is said for example: Te' toy sofocando. It means "I am better than you and you can't do nothing about it, so your choking because of it".

naipe

Nov 27, 2009
vacaneria could mean swager and piquete depending on the context can mean "enfasis on a given action" or even another form of swager.

hope these help...

Reactions: mike l

leon486

Dec 2, 2009
piquete would be something that is cool, it's very much like "vacano" or "vacaneria" and loquera in some cases

--
"Eso ta pasao de piquete" - Would be something around "That is off the hook", or ""That is really cool".

--
"vacaneria" would translate to "coolness" or "cool" or something around that.

"Esa nueva cancion es una vacaneria" -> "That song is really cool"

--
Now loquera could mean the same the other two words
"Esa nueva cancion es una loquera" -> "That song is awesome"

or it could mean that the other person is not understanding what you are doing, so it would translate to something around "weird thing" or "crazy thing".

"Que es esa loquera que tu hiciste?" -> "What's that crazy thing that you did?"

Do note that all of these terms are ussually not part of formal language, they are used mainly around young people, close friends, or they are sometimes used by uneducated people with everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.