Book Presentation

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Not bad for a little girl whose mother plucked chickens for a living for many years. Yris is one of the reasons I believe that any individual can achieve their goals if they keep at it. Some people fail despite the advantages they are given in life, and others suceed depite the disadvantages put in front of them.

Reactions: Black Dog

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Wow One of the top people in her town! Sounds like she has done really great work, with the school, with the books--- congratulations to her!

and you must be feeling mighty puffed up

as in basking in the light of reflected glory!

enjoy!

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Congratulations! Are her books going to be translated into English? I am sure she will find a lot of readers among English speakers.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Wow One of the top people in her town! Sounds like she has done really great work, with the school, with the books--- congratulations to her!

and you must be feeling mighty puffed up

as in basking in the light of reflected glory!

enjoy!

Well I?m certainly happy for her, but I?ll avoid the lime light thanks. I get treated so well in Jarabacoa that I sometimes don?t believe it?s really, but Yris treats all people with a great deal of respect that she received the same back and I?ll take that treatment anytime. She has re detractors but even those she treats with respect. She works so hard I almost feel guilty going golfing.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
First & foremost my sincere congratulations to Yris. Having an author as a partner can be very taxing on the metabolism I know!!

Well I?m certainly happy for her, but I?ll avoid the lime light thanks. I get treated so well in Jarabacoa that I sometimes don?t believe it?s really, but Yris treats all people with a great deal of respect that she received the same back and I?ll take that treatment anytime. She has re detractors but even those she treats with respect. She works so hard I almost feel guilty going golfing.

I have the perfect solution for reducing the feeling of guilt about going to the golf course ............ I am sure that like me you were called to proof read most if not all of each of the books before they went to print Bob, so put the golf trips down to using your sub-conscious in a relaxing environment to further analyse what she has/had written so as to make constructive suggestions for possible improvements on the next book. Works a TREAT for me!!:pirate:!! ;) If that should fail to convince me sufficiently, then I revert to the "Whilst relaxing on the course I am thinking about the best marketing outlets & strategy to ensure your books get the recognition they deserve ........"!

I hope Yris is appreciative of all the effort you put in on her behalf whist burning in the sun going round a golf course!!:bunny::bunny::surprised ~ Grahame

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Behind each author is a supportive (read long-suffering) spouse!

Congratulations to Yris - and to Bob.

Will look out for the books next time I'm in a bookshop.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Thanks to everyone for the kind words for Yris. There is an incredible amount of work that goes in to a book so whether the book is successful financial venture or not doesn?t take away from the accomplishment. Yris didn?t write these books for financial gain, but that would certainly be a bonus. She already is planning a set of test books to replace the one the students have to buy. I really am amazed at her energy and commitment. Many of the people of this board, including myself make less than flattering comments on occasion on the strength of Dominican character. Perhaps I?m luckier than most but I?ve meant numerous Dominicans that are hard working, intelligent, and willing to make a differnce in their communities.