help with visa to US

R

Rose

My best friend just got married in the DR and is now trying to bring his wife to the US or to Puerto Rico. Which would be easier to obtain and what do we need to do? He is back in the US but wants to move to Puerto Rico permanently by the end of this year.

P

prtyr

There will be no difference with Puerto Rico as it is part of the
US. He will most likely have a wait time of about 1 year to obtain her visa. He should have looked into a K1 Fiancee visa. These take less time to obtain and she would most likely be here in a few months.

I'll be looking onto the Fiancee visa myself as I just got engaged down there.

A

angeladou@hotmail.com

I just have to say how wonderful it is to know that I am not alone, in being "seriously", near marriage, involved with a wonderful Dominican. It's so encouraging to know that I am not the only one in this situation, only I am trying to bring him to Canada, which they say is harder! Also, in posting messages on the DR1, I have met so many wonderful people and I am thankful for that too! Just wanted to let you all know, how great this board really is!

Have a Great Day,
Angela

M

Michelle Renauld

Hello,

I am just wondering how long it would take for me to obtain a visa, because my boyfriend is in the DR and I am in Canada!
If he cannot come here I will be moving there. If anyone has any advice or comments I would be extremely greatful to hear them!

Gracias, Michelle