Where is the Marlboro Man?

samsbar

Jun 30, 2005
There is a "new" cigarette being sold as Marlboro lights in POP. They are actually Marlboro Gold, the package does not have the official logo and according to what I find on the internet, are a cheap cigarette coming from Europe. Available for $15 US per carton (ABOUT 600 pesos) but being sold here at the Marlboro price of 980 pesos per carton. Buyer beware. Joanne

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Bad?

What exactly to be aware of other than the price thing? Are they more toxic or something?

korejdk

Bronze
Dec 29, 2006
actually they appear to be made in the DR and I personally prefer them to the regular Marlboro Lights made&sold in the DR, much better quality

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Actually it is the new brand of what were marlboro lights. We (the colmado) buy direct from Marlboro and have been having posters etc for some time announcing that Marlboro lights are being replaced by Marlboro Gold.

Matilda

aross

Nov 15, 2007
You've got it!!! Totally legit, made here by Tabaco L?on Jimenes under licence for Philip Morris - just a change of brand name.

I believe there were court cases against them and other tobacco companies relative to the use and promotion of the "Light" brands, which maybe were not so light, so I am sure that is why they changed the name.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I believe there were court cases against them and other tobacco companies relative to the use and promotion of the "Light" brands, which maybe were not so light, so I am sure that is why they changed the name.

Actually, the use of the word ?light? on cigarette packs has been banned in the US and Canada for some time as it could imply that they are not as dangerous to your health. The producers of Marlboro and others in the DR are now subject to the same restrictions.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Ok I'll do it in English for you!!

marathon becomes snickers
Jif became Cif
here Verizon became Claro/Codetel

Just a change of name!!!!

Marlboro lights are from henceforth to be known as Marlboro Gold so we do not think they are light and better for us. Now we think they are Gold.

Got it????????????????

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Yeh,,, so whats the big deal with the thread then?
I've seen both, gold and light, anyway, I'll let the thread sleep, seems best!!
I agree ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzz Wish I could paste Robs
yawning fox. lol

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I agree ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzz Wish I could paste Robs
yawning fox. lol

dzjo12.jpg

best,

tambo'