18 year old Dominican Stepchild in the USA

gringobachata7

Sep 19, 2009
I am just looking for advice. I am a 46 year old US citizen. I met my wife in the Dominican Republic and married her and brought her here. Her 18 year old son was not able to eat well and was skinny as a bone and so I helped to get him a Visa. He came here and would only argue, scream, yell, complain about me, he broke 2 doors in the house, he would not work even though I got him a work permission from immigration, would sleep with music blasting. FLunked all of his classes in school, would stay on the computer talking to girls until 5 or 6 am and would miss church or be late for school because of this. Would argue with his mother. Picked his nose at my parents' house nonstop and I told him to stop and he proceeded to scream and say it is my body i can do what i want, it is mine, then started to try to push me to leave the room in front of his mother, my mother and my niece. Broke curfew and came home at 1130pm instead of 11am and then broke the door which costed a grand to fix because we were all sleep. Told me I am not his father many times even though he came on a visa for a son to reunite with his father and his biological father deserted him. Another day he broke another door because he opened the outer door and the wind blew and cracked the wood open that it was connected to. Then I told him not to do it and he said he would than I said no and then he argued. I told him to look for jobs and he said he would not and argued another. Just NONSTOP crap from him. He would come and go and do as he pleased and his mother would tolerate this. He came to church in a gangster styled ski cap and lost his temper when everyone said to remove it. ONe day, I put his clothes on the bed to wait to give him a lecture.... He came home and lost his temper, then I said let us talk. we went into the room and i said there are rules in this house. obey them or leave. i was in the doorway, he began to push me, i pushed back and said stay here. then he argued and pushed me again and proceeded to punch me. I am a blue belt in jiu jitsu and a black in karate and a former boxer and trained in 5 other arts. I took him down, trapped an arm and punched him in his teeth and elbowed him in the forehead since he was trying to punch me. Then I left him there. Then I stood up and seconds later he charged me and i had him in a choke. Then i let him up then he charged again and i choked him until he relaxed. He threatened to call the police and ran when i let him go. now he works in a barber shop with no license and does not liv ein the house and i want him to go back to the dr but his passport is lost. His mother and family there are pushing to try to get me to support him again and help him to stay in the usa but I keep saying no.

gringobachata7

Sep 19, 2009
also, he complained nonstop saying he does not like the usa and that he thought money would just be laying in the street for him here to pick up. he ate every meal as if it were a buffet since we have so much food, he had hundreds of pieces of clothing because I helped, he has it all, a cell phone with unlimited minutes, a two parent home, everything imaginable but all he would do was complain about me and the usa and that he did not want to go to the dr.

gringobachata7

Sep 19, 2009
also, might I add, he was in the 9th grade and is 18!! he would not try a ged or high school dregree and prefers to spend all his time with 14 year olds and goof off in high school!

gringobachata7

Sep 19, 2009
I just would like to know what people would do in my shoes. Because my marriage and everything in my life is fine. But I live in constant crap because my wife keeps giving me the he came form my stomach line and the DR family keeps trying to talk me into letting him stay. i am just curious what people would do in my shoes.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
I just would like to know what people would do in my shoes. Because my marriage and everything in my life is fine. But I live in constant crap because my wife keeps giving me the he came form my stomach line and the DR family keeps trying to talk me into letting him stay. i am just curious what people would do in my shoes.

Tell your wife that you married HER and not him, and find out how to ship his a$$ right back to DR. I would have another opinion if he was a child but he is an adult...find out how to ship him back, and quickly, because the last thing you need is him ending up breaking up your marriage
SHALENA

Reactions: AlterEgo

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I would send him back to the some family in the DR. One way or another this won't last long.

Tell your wife that you'll send whoever cares for him enough money that he won't have to work if he doesn't want to. US200 a month should do.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Tell your wife that you married HER and not him, and find out how to ship his a$$ right back to DR. I would have another opinion if he was a child but he is an adult...find out how to ship him back, and quickly, because the last thing you need is him ending up breaking up your marriage
SHALENA

I absolutely agree with Shalena. If this continues you won't have a marriage either. Get him another passport at the Dominican Consulate [I assume he lost the Dominican one]. My nephew lost his Dominican passport in NY last year, and the Dominican Consulate gave him some sort of temporary paper/passport to get back to SD.

Good luck to you, my heart goes out to you for what you're dealing with.

AE

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
You sound like a very nice guy. I hate to be so harsh but, as the "man of the house", you are not respected; not by that little punk, your wife or her family.

Your house = Your rules.

If you can have the punk deported, do it. At the very least, keep him out of your home and don't support him. If he continues to come around and make disturbances, get a restraining order. If his mother balks, take a hard line with her. Let her know that she can join him if she likes.

You are not being respected as you should be.

I realize this sounds very harsh to many. Most men I meet these days have had their man parts eviscerated, or have no more sense of what should and shouldn’t be acceptable.

I am sure you worked hard for what you have. You don’t owe this punk anything. His mother should be ashamed that she raised such a monster, and be relieved to see him go.

Thanks for bringing an A-HOLE into our Country. You should feel an obligation to get him out now.

There are services that can have a new passport for vermin punk in under 48 hours. Just tell them the old one was lost. PM me and I’ll give you a number to call.

Good Luck. Don’t be a pu$$y. Man-up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Berzin

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
You need to find out what the rules are for deportation proceedings in your state and start the process. You might need to document everything that he does, and also make sure to have a few police reports on him. It is not easy to get someone deported, but if physical abuse and violence are involved - it can be done. Have you noticed him taking or selling drugs?

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
You sound like a very nice guy. I hate to be so harsh but, as the "man of the house", you are not respected; not by that little punk, your wife or her family.

Your house = Your rules.

If you can have the punk deported, do it. At the very least, keep him out of your home and don't support him. If he continues to come around and make disturbances, get a restraining order. If his mother balks, take a hard line with her. Let her know that she can join him if she likes.

You are not being respected as you should be.

I realize this sounds very harsh to many. Most men I meet these days have had their man parts eviscerated, or have no more sense of what should and shouldn?t be acceptable.

I am sure you worked hard for what you have. You don?t owe this punk anything. His mother should be ashamed that she raised such a monster, and be relieved to see him go.

Thanks for bringing an A-HOLE into our Country. You should feel an obligation to get him out now.

There are services that can have a new passport for vermin punk in under 48 hours. Just tell them the old one was lost. PM me and I?ll give you a number to call.

Good Luck. Don?t be a pu$$y. Man-up.

I totally agree with you.
SHALENA

gringobachata7

Sep 19, 2009
You need to find out what the rules are for deportation proceedings in your state and start the process. You might need to document everything that he does, and also make sure to have a few police reports on him. It is not easy to get someone deported, but if physical abuse and violence are involved - it can be done. Have you noticed him taking or selling drugs?

No, I have not seen any drugs but he does have some sort of cheap video games and bootlegs that they sell in the barber shop where he works, also, he had a knife that he dropped in our basement just 2 days before i had to restrain him and hit him. He said to his mother that he thought I might like it and he found it and brought it home for me. It was this real sharp pocket knife and I know pocket knives can be used to cut up cocaine or crack.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
No, I have not seen any drugs but he does have some sort of cheap video games and bootlegs that they sell in the barber shop where he works, also, he had a knife that he dropped in our basement just 2 days before i had to restrain him and hit him. He said to his mother that he thought I might like it and he found it and brought it home for me. It was this real sharp pocket knife and I know pocket knives can be used to cut up cocaine or crack.

I realize your tough situation, but please try to keep a cool head and not get any type of further physical confrontations, otherwise you could get into a lot of hot water.

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006

His behavior definitely points to some substance abuse. You need to call social services in your area, and also police, document and report everything that happens. Be careful, if he finds out, who knows what he might possibly do.:paranoid:

You might also want to pay attention to his eyes - people under the influence of substances usually have very wide pupils.

gringobachata7

Sep 19, 2009
Everything was just so odd, his mother had to confront him about the knife since I was avoiding arguments but she told me everything afterwards. Our neighborhood is slightly ghetto and drugs are accessible. I have not touched anything even alcohol in years actually.

gringobachata7

Sep 19, 2009
i just thought it was odd, who finds a knife and brings it home and says....i thought dad might like it coincidentally when all he wanted to do was argue and start problems with me. it felt almost like a threat and less like he had a drug problem.

gringobachata7

Sep 19, 2009
the big problem is that his mother nags me all the time and the family in the DR in poverty call and harrass me to suport him and make him a permanent resident because the life in the DR is too hard for him and that it is damaging everything that we spent years building together.