Banda Ancha on multiple laptops

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Sorry guys, I know this topic has been on here before. It is the reason I went ahead and got Banda Ancha from Claro. It took me a month to get it, and this only thanks to some great friends from DR1 (creditchecks messed up, 6 trips to their office, 12 different answers and explanations, you know the deal).

The Banda Ancha is working fine, reliable, although the speed is not really what I'm used to, but what the heck, I'm connected to the world again and can, once again annoy all my friends through facebook, twitter, etc...

So, I bought a router, installed a network with the 2nd laptop, which works fine. Told my laptop he was allowed to share the internetconnection on this network... and there it stops...

Second laptop recognises the network and can log into it, but cannot access the internet.

Could anyone please tell me what to do, or redirect me to this previous topic, which I'm unable to find now.

Thanks guys

Hi, I have a similar setup. I connected the USB modem from Claro to a laptop (stationary, I never turn it off) This laptop has Windows XP, I use the "Network Setup Wizard" to share the connection. I then use a network cable to conect the laptop to a router network connection....do not connect your network cable to the LAN input on your router! You can connect the 2nd PC to any of the remaining connections on the router.

Let us know the results, good luck.