Introducing myself and my dogs

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Hey,

I am sorry, I am asking already some questions without properly introducing myself here.

I am Hilde and recently moved from Belgium to the Dominican Republic together with my husband Peter (Belgiank) and 11 dogs.
Yes, you read it well, 11 dogs :cheeky:

Let me introduce firs of all myself :
I am a proffesional behaviour therapeut for dogs for about 25 years now. I give also basic obedience training to pups, young dogs and older dogs.
I practise and train with some of my dogs Police Field Work and Mondio and I am enrolling myself in becoming a SAR K9 Instructor.
I am also a certified Instructor in Canine Flying Disc Sports, commenly known as Dogfrisbee and I am the only European Competition Player who can be Head Judge at a Qualification Competition for the World Championships.
Together with my topdog Acira (a Belgian Shepherd or Malinois) and my partner I have been 3 years on a row World Championship Finalist and participated amongst the 32 best teams of the world in the States in different discplines of Dogfrisbee.

My dogs :
Kazan - labrador - male, now 13 years old and retired from obedience and Dogfrisbee.
John Doe Erobia de Montcl?a) - Australian Shepherd - male, 4 years old, rescued from an animal shop, took us 3 years of patience and a lot of love to get this dog so far to trust people again and he is starting to play a bit with me and the other dogs, very attached to me.
Flash (Cutn'looses Red Ryder) - Australian Shepherd - female, 2 years old, joined us as a pup of 13 weeks old from Texas from a breeder who breeds the old lines of stock dogs and Flash is turning out to fulfill that great old line because she drives sheeps and cattle instinctively without my assistance.
H?rion and Haldir (of the Booischothoeve) - Belgian Shepherds - males, brothers almost 1 year old and suns of Acira, father Gucci von den Lausbuben (own breeding under my kennelname). Very promising boy's, very athletic like their mother and father, strong characters but also social and well fit to step into the footsteps of their mother. Haldir jumps incredible high, has a strong bite and fierce character, not a beginners dog this one. H?rion is more an open character and has excellent guarding capabilities, strong and steady bite.
Mojito and Mosquito (of 't Fererahof) - Belgian shepherds - females, both sisters and now 17 weeks old. Very good bloodline and a very nice fresh addition of bloodline to my kennel. Mojito shows promising to become a very good Frisbee dog and Mosquito is absolutely the guard dog I saw in here as a small pup, a bit more reserved and already loves to attack when I show here the sleeve.
Gray (Angels by my side's) - Border Collie - female, 3 years old. Very fast border but really fast...and very clever. What else can you expect from a border ;)
Kiko - mix border collie/malteser - male, 4 years old : took him in from an animal shelter because he adored us when we saw him as a pup, turned out to be a rather good Micro Dog in Dogfrisbee...if he wants to (sometimes the malteser character wins it really over the border collie lol)
Mellow (of House of Dark wolves) - Belgian Shepherd - female, now 9 months old. Mellow joins us in a while when I will pick up the last of my dogs in october. Mellow came to our attention when talking to the breeders about the different Search and Rescue programmes. Both owners are experienced in the field of SAR and all of their dogs are SAR dogs. We came to an agreement that Mellow would be a nice addition to my kennel for here bloodlines but also for the SAR program I would like to set up here, she is already in training for SAR.
Acira (Blackneck's A'Acira from Sweden) - Belgian Shepherd - female, now 5 years old and absolutely my topdog at the moment. She has excellent in Obedience, Police work, Mondio and ofcourse Dogfrisbee. Experts in Dogfrisbee name here as a potential World Champion because of here very high prey drive, here speed, here athletisme and here very open social character.
Acira is still in Belgium, she is at the moment in heat and has several encounters next week with Bonoz ter Masdjano and I have high hopes for this litter. Bonoz is a sun of Quatro who has won everything there is to win in the field of Guard dog and Police work especially KNPV which is a discipline only for the very tough dogs amongst the Belgian Shepherds. In his and Acira's line you can find back THE dog amongst the Belgian Shepherds for all times namely Elgos du Chemain Du Plain and also G'Bibber is present in the line of Acira (G'Bibber made his fame 20 years ago).

So, well presented and accounted for I think?

Acira

JessicaRabbit

Sep 21, 2009
Oh wow! 11 dogs!!! it must have cost u tons of $ and effort to bring them there! and im moaning about tarif for 3 cats...
Anyway, i think Malinua is a great breed and if everything will go good for me in DR and i will settle there i will definatelly ask a puppy from you :)
Im coming with my cats (Don Sphynxes) 20 november to Sosua.
Have you found there (in DR)any dog clubs etc? cos i doubt very much there are cat's ones...

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Wow, and I thought I had my hands full with 2... Don't even want to think of how your vet bills will look. Might want to consider one of the clinics that offer doggy medical insurrance!

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
AH BELGIAN SHEPHERDS!!!! Are these also known as Gronandales? My brother, first in NYC andthen in Paris had two of these- black shiny long coats, excellent with children, gentle as doves, smart as humans (much smarter than many!)

I WELCOME you and your beautiful canines to the DR.

You must tell us where you live. And perhaps if you are going to open a residential school?

I would love to send my precious up to board with you for an advanced course!!!!

When she is older, and ready to really listen... say at about a year?

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
AH BELGIAN SHEPHERDS!!!! Are these also known as Gronandales? My brother, first in NYC andthen in Paris had two of these- black shiny long coats, excellent with children, gentle as doves, smart as humans (much smarter than many!)

I WELCOME you and your beautiful canines to the DR.

You must tell us where you live. And perhaps if you are going to open a residential school?

I would love to send my precious up to board with you for an advanced course!!!!

When she is older, and ready to really listen... say at about a year?

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody!
Belgian Shepherds come in 4 varieties : the shorthair fox coloured coated Malinois (which I have), the longhair black coated Groenendaeler, the longhair fox coulered coated Tervueren and the lighter coloured rough hair coated (very rare these day's) Laekense Shepherd. About 50 years ago they were bread amongst each other but then FCI decided that is was forbidden to do so. So now you can only breed Malinois with Malinois, Groenendaelers with Groenendaelers, etc... but due to their previous history you can have in a litter of for example Malinois/Malinois sometimes one or two Tervuerens.

Here are some pictures of Acira

aciramondio4bis.jpg

Doing Dogfrisbee with me
moin4.jpg

Doing Mondio Policework
aciramondio3.jpg

It is certainly my intention to open a school for dogs where people who are interested can follow lessons or bring their dog in pension for training.
We are setting up everything in the coming months. I also give private trainingsessions at your house (start training beginning of october with two families, one with three German Shepherds and one with two Rottweilers).

We found ourselves a home in Jarabacao which is perfect for us and for the dogs. Nice house with lots of terrain on it, perfect trainingfields and enough space for the dogs to run arround and...quite...unless our dogs start to bark :)

What dog do you have Mointainannie?

Acira

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Oh wow! 11 dogs!!! it must have cost u tons of $ and effort to bring them there! and im moaning about tarif for 3 cats...
Anyway, i think Malinua is a great breed and if everything will go good for me in DR and i will settle there i will definatelly ask a puppy from you :)
Im coming with my cats (Don Sphynxes) 20 november to Sosua.
Have you found there (in DR)any dog clubs etc? cos i doubt very much there are cat's ones...

The price to get them over is very reasonable, its only so that I could bring over 4 dogs at the time so that is counting up, for me going back and forward 3 times...but we are getting there, only 4 left to bring over ;)

There ar as far as I know no real dog clubs in the DR but that will change soon :)
Check out in first instance already for Los Perros Voladores, pretty soon the website will be online.

heldengebroed

Bronze
Mar 9, 2005
There ar as far as I know no real dog clubs in the DR but that will change soon :)
Check out in first instance already for Los Perros Voladores, pretty soon the website will be online.

Wrong i came along one in La romana for gsd :bunny:

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Could be interesting for sure...any adressess on those clinics?

En your area I really couldn't say but in Santo Domingo I know that Clinica Veterinaria Dr. Piantini has medical insurrance. Plus he's a really nice guy.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I can vouch for Acira (Hilde) and belgiank (Peter). Both top-notch people and their love for their dogs is amazing!

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
I can vouch for Acira (Hilde) and belgiank (Peter). Both top-notch people and their love for their dogs is amazing!

Oh dear, do we need people to vouch for us now? That's me in trouble LOL

I join everyone else in welcoming you all to the DR!!!!!!!

yess

Jun 1, 2008
wow I was in Jarabacoa last weekend and saw a lovely malinois behind a fence. It was noteworthy to me because the little chihuahua from the next house was giving it hell.

the little dog had more attitude than size and the malinois was in "whatever" mode LOL

This was near Rancho Olivier

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
wow I was in Jarabacoa last weekend and saw a lovely malinois behind a fence. It was noteworthy to me because the little chihuahua from the next house was giving it hell.

the little dog had more attitude than size and the malinois was in "whatever" mode LOL

This was near Rancho Olivier

A Malinois is a very good guard dog but will only bark and/or attack if you really have the intention to enter its domain without permission...if well trained ofcourse and genetically bread for it.
So I am not quite surprised that the chi gave you more noise then the Malinois :)

There is however a big difference between a show Malinois and a Working Malinois. Although both are the same breed, the show Malinois has been bread through decennia for its looks and lost sadely a lot of its good guarding instincts (and more sadely lost its health also along with it) whilest a Working Malinois has been bread also though decennia for its working cababilities and not so much for its looks.
My Malinois are working Malinois...but still good looking too and well in the standard but real healthy workers in first instance.
Thats what I want in a Malinois and thats where I am breeding towards : a healthy (genetically and fysically) dog which is social when needed but with a lot of spirit, prey drive, high guarding capability, loyal towards its "master", a rather to the smaller size Malinois but well within the standard size which is fast and very athletic and he/she needs to have the typical black mask of the Malinois.
Some people prefer the bigger versions of the Malinois but I know from experience that a bigger Malinois is not necessarely fiercer and/or faster and certainly not more athletic.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
A Malinois is a very good guard dog but will only bark and/or attack if you really have the intention to enter its domain without permission...if well trained ofcourse and genetically bred for it.
So I am not quite surprised that the chi gave you more noise then the Malinois :)

There is however a big difference between a show Malinois and a Working Malinois. Although both are the same breed, the show Malinois has been bred through decennia for its looks and lost sadly a lot of its good guarding instincts (and more sadly lost its health also along with it) while a Working Malinois has been bred also for decennia for its working cababilities and not so much for its looks.
My Malinois are working Malinois...but still good looking too and well in the standard but real healthy workers in first instance.
Thats what I want in a Malinois and thats what I am breeding towards : a healthy (genetically and physically) dog which is social when needed but with a lot of spirit, prey drive, high guarding capability, loyal towards its "master", a rather to the smaller size Malinois but well within the standard size which is fast and very athletic and he/she needs to have the typical black mask of the Malinois.
Some people prefer the bigger versions of the Malinois but I know from experience that a bigger Malinois is not necessarely fiercer and/or faster and certainly not more athletic.

Just some writing errors to correct ;) In the next couple of months we will be organising some demo's, and you will see exactly what Acira means...

heldengebroed

Bronze
Mar 9, 2005
As for entering a garden with more than one malinois in it... Good luck to the intruder. My money is on the dogs and the intruder being thier dinner
As Belgiank Discribed we will be giving some demo?s and you?re all invited to feel the force of such a dog

Greetings

Johan

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Thanks for all the advice. At the moment we are judging the World Championships Canine frisbee in the States, and a lot of people were disappointed we opted to judge instead of playing as they love the power of our dogs in playing.

And yes... I heed the advice of safety for our dogs. Our dogs are protected by a double fence, are trained not to pick up any foods or other things from the ground (only from their bowls), and still we have secured the outer fence with complete boarding, so their is no visual or phisical contact possible.

Johan is also right in saying that anybody entering our property uninvited and unknown is saving us lots of money in supplements to their regular dry dogfood. I give un unwanted intruder about 15 feet before he is shredded...

Maybe we should rename the breed... the Belgian Shredder... whahahhahahaha

Anyway... the demo's will be following soon...

And for those interested... we are already having contacts to organise a beach disc festival next year... canine frisbee, disc golf, ultimate, and freestyle, all in one weekend. We already got the green light from 3 world champions canine frisbee, one World champion disc golf, and a freestyle world champion. They will be there, as well as several other world finalists.

Out of curiosity, and out of practical reasons, please let me know... would you come and watch this...

would you like to follow clinics in any of those sports for very low prices?

would you like to participate in fun competitions with your dog?

Peter