UK spouse visa experts wanted

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
I am about to apply for a spouse visa for my soon to be husband. I would love to talk to someone through PM, particularly someone who is currently going through this process who has done it and can offer advice. Just want to make sure Im not missing anything. Fingers crossed its successful!

Thanks

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I haven't done it as I live here - in the DR - but have helped lots who have. Also I am the consular warden for the British Embassy for the south east so i do have some insight as to how the system works.

Matilda

dalila05

Bronze
Aug 9, 2008
republicadominicana.bbactif.com
eralc i did answer you in pm.more question dont hesitate.
i personally find england one of the more straight forward place to get a visa.
compare to canada or france where it take such a longtime.
you need to apply online,get an appointment,bring all the papers and finger crossed everything should be ok.

fiona77

Aug 24, 2009
hi
im just about to start the visa process to bring my husband to the uk and am wondering if anyone can help i plan to fill all the forms out in the uk then at xmas when i go to dom rep take the forms and all the evidence with me and send it to santo domingo is this the best way and also as im taking the forms out can i still pay online or does it have to be applied for online really not sure what to do

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
Could someone clarify the steps so that we have this information for others to read instead of just by PM.

Thanks
Sangria

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
1. You fill out the forms online and pay online.

2. At the same time you choose a date for an appointment at the embassy in Santo Domingo.

3. The person who wants the Visa goes to the embassy taking with him or her all of the supporting evidence and necessary paperwork. This would include (depending on type of visa required) passport, cedula, copies of both, bank statements, proof of employment, sponsors letter, copies of titulars for property etc etc.

4. Once the interview has been completed and the paperwork handed over, you then wait for decision from New York.

5. The person wanting the visa then returns to the Embassy to collect the passport with the visa in it (if lucky!!) or the passport and the reasons for denial letter.

matilda

Reactions: sangria

clarkeyl

Aug 8, 2008
well with my husbands case he wasnt interview at all they made a decision on the evidence we provided and he was refused twice! so we fought in court and we won!!! hubby should be here before next month!!!

dalila05

Bronze
Aug 9, 2008
republicadominicana.bbactif.com
they dont do interview very often.
also when the consulate in st domingo received my husband passeport they did not bother to contact him.
when he went there from hato mayor,they told him they had nothing yet and he did need to wait for a phone call,i called straight away and in fact they had it since a few days.so not always well organised this consulate.

onesweetone

Jun 26, 2006
Sharing Information

Hi Clarkely,
Congratulations. Just wanted to know if you could give a few details in this thread about your timeline and the paperwork process that you submitted in order to receive the visa. If you have a previous thread with that information could you share the title? Thanks.

clarkeyl

Aug 8, 2008
Hi onesweetone

Well our application is a little long, stressfull and confussing but here goes:

Married March 29 2008
First Application Submitted mid October 2008
Refused November 2008
Submitted second application Jan 2009
Refused again Jan 2009
Appeal submitted Feb 2009
New York given until June 10 2009 to submit evidence
First Court hearing August 5 2009-Ajorned for 4 weeks!!!!
Second hearing September 5 2009
Appeal won September 22 2009
Received judge decision September 24 2009
Called UKBA and sent email October 2 2009
Recieved reply Oct 3 2009 told decision is with determination team so i
contact determination team by phone oct 3 2009 told it will be sent to new york by the end of the next week
Contacted determination team october 9 2009 told it would be sent that day, so i emailed new york asking them to check their mail, recieved an email at 16:30 the same day from new york saying they dont have the paper work!!!

Next step: Tomorrow october 12 i will contact the determination team to ask to re send the info im getting fed up now its been a long year as you see... I am finally getting there just a few more bridges to cross.....

hope this helps
Clarkeyl

clarkeyl

Aug 8, 2008
Visa for settlement to the UK.....From start to to issued by mistake

that was the name of the thread i started but if uo click on my name on the top left of this post you can find all my posts..