another canadian about to marry a dominican

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisita

Sep 22, 2009
another canadian about to marry a dominican

im posting this just to simply get some opinions and advice. i am completly torn over what has arisen these past few months.

my story begins in april of this year (2009). my family and i decided to go for vacation to the dominican republic. on the first day of arrival and i mean very first thing... i met him. I was walking with my family to check the beach (we arrived late the evening before) and he was walking up with the rest of the reps or entertainment staff (who happen to be from the UK) and he grabbed me and started singing a lionel ritchie song (to the best of his ability....lol) i believe the title of the song is "hello" (??). he contiuned to chat with me when he had a moment whether i was alone or not. by mid week he was asking me to go to the club with him to hang out and spend time together.... i would always tell him yes i will go but then never show. i did that 2 days in a row cause i really didnt want to go out while i had my son with me (who is 7). by the 3rd day he was upset. he told me that both nites he was waiting for me, so yet again i told him i will go that evening. so after speaking with my cousin we decided "oh why the hell not, its our last nite here lets check it out". we went and it was quite fun i must say!! wow what a dancer he was, i was so impressed. anyway it got late and my cousin wanted to go, i told him this but he wanted me to come back to talk. needless to say i took my cousin back to the resort and i went back (which the club was kinda on resort grounds... playa dorada). we talked for awhile but then it started getting really late so i left, and thats when he put the moves on me, nothing forceful just a sweet kiss. the next morning i was departing back to canada and he pulled me aside to give me his email and cell number and to ask that when i get in to msg him so that he knew i got home safe. i did just that.

to make a long story short (kinda) we've kept in touch every day since then both with an even amount of calling from both ends. i have been back down to see him a few times since just for a few days here and there but unforturnatley a few weeks ago i caught him being unfaithful via facebook. well the other girl and myself began to exchange msgs and i found out quite a bit. this occured 1 week before i was to head down and marry him. yes that's right i was going to marry this man. once i found all of this out i told him i was no longer coming down to see him or marry him, the man went crazy, calling me, txting me, leaving voice mail msgs about how sorry he was and so on and so forth. my dominican man begged for me to still come just to have a talk with him and for us to forget about getting married but just to talk. i told him (after days and days of thinking) that i will come down to speak with him. as heartbreaking as it is.... i never got on the plane. i totally crushed this man so bad to the point where he's asked me to move there and forget about building a life in canada because since this has happened ive told him about all the stories and tricks im now being told about dominican men. this forum has helped with more info as well.

im just not sure if i should give him another chance, im so confused we have begun talking again and it seems like he really wants to fix things. i believe this only because if he was just out for papers why would he putting forth this much of an effort with me? i mean he meets thousands of woman, im sure theres another one out there that would do it, right?? maybe this is the real thing........ there are way more details but it would just make this that much longer.....lol wow i wrote this so fast, i hope it makes sense....

tk toronto

Sep 7, 2006
Don't waste your time. This man's not going to be celibate while you're in Canada and if you already know that he's had contact with another woman, why bother?

Think about the situation from a different perspective, if it was a friend of yours, what would you tell her???

He may be really sweet, good looking, an amazing dancer and whatnot, but if you really want a hot Dominican, they exist here in Canada, so get one that's already here and avoid the headache.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
but if we are a dime a dozen then why waste time on just the one ? (me)

Chances are remote that he is wasting time on only one - you.

These guys are users and are very proficient at their trade.

Suggest you move on and consider it a life lesson.

Oops, I forgot, he's your DDD.

Gregg

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
How many times do you think he has sung that song ? errrr Hello wake up and smell the coffee- was that the follow up, by lionel richie

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Give me his number, I prove to you he's a sankie in less than 2 days...
SHALENA

sylindr

Nov 29, 2007
Give me his number, I prove to you he's a sankie in less than 2 days...
SHALENA

take her up on this offer... you won't regret knowing for sure one way or the other...it will save you a lot of time and money and heartache to know for sure.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Lisita, the guy is a player and you're being played. You have a kid think of him first. I understand you have your doubts but a question. Would you marry someone in Canada that you just spend one or two weeks with? Don't think so!!
Romance on the beach is different than romance at home!!!
Here's another example: http://www.dr1.com/forums/men-mars-women-venus/92110-another-victim.html

Get yourself a Canuck and if you like chocolate there's a lot of that also around over there;)

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
He came up to you and sang "Hello" by Lionel Richie? Does it get any cheesier?

He is a sankie.

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
What exactly did you find out? You said that you found out lots of things....

lisita

Sep 22, 2009
What exactly did you find out? You said that you found out lots of things....

wow this is embarrassing to admit but i found out that he would say the same things to this girl and that she planned to go back to see him, plus they were very dangerous intimately if you know what i mean......and she was to arrive the day after i was to leave (i never went tho). in fact she is down there right now but super made and giving him a hard time. i know this cause he msgs me to tell her to stop. i dont plan on going back for him and i dont plan on telling her to stop...... like i said hes trying to fix things and persistant he is.....lol!! i appreciate all the advice and comments everyone is leaving, thank you

samanasuenos

Bronze
Oct 5, 2005
Hello Lisita and welcome. You're so brave to post here.

I'll respond bit by bit:

1. "another canadian about to marry a dominican"
I hope you're not about to marry this person. Maybe you were in a rush when you were typing?

2. "im posting this just to simply get some opinions and advice. i am completly torn over what has arisen these past few months."
Okay dear. You'll get plenty of advice here. You say you are torn. Yes, you were shown one illusion, then the cloth came off, and voila ... is this true? This ugly reality? Yes, so sorry, but it is.

3. "my story begins..." I won't comment on how typical your encounter was, you know that now. I will stress that, having a child, you must behave even more responsibley than someone who is childless. You are a mother first and always. So you can be pickier. You need a man, not just any man, but one who can set a good example for your son, and be a good role model. If you continue with this individual, what are you showing your son in terms of how he should treat women?

4. " i caught him being unfaithful".
Enough said dear. The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. Let's say you have a jewelery store. Would you hire a man on permamnently who stole from you during his initial probationary period? See where I am going?

5. "if was just out for papers why would he putting forth this much of an effort with me? " Because he has invested time in you and sees you as more innocent/naive/less street smart than the rest. Trolling for papers in the DR appears to be a but like selling real estate - the successful ones follow a lot of leads until they get "the big one."

6. " maybe this is the real thing "
Sweetie. How? Don't answer that. This is not the romantic dream you've had since you were a teen, now is it? You didn't dream of being cheated on, did you? Nah. Not the real thing. Maybe the Real Sanky Thing, sure. But not True Love. In fact, no kind of healthy love has these ingredients in the mix early on. Period.

7. In closing, dear, would you buy a car from a used car dealer who sold you a lemon? Do you return to stores where they treat you poorly? No matter how low you may or may not value yourself right now, and whether you are slim or fat, chubby or fit, outgoing or a shrinking violet, you can and will find a better man. The universe will never bring him you way as long as you waste your precious time filling your mind with questions about this one, who should be a a reject. You can do it! Tell him NO, once. And do not take any more calls. Any contact with him from now on is showing him that you do not value yourself, therefore it is okay for him to mistreat you. Actions speak louder than words, read his ugly ones, and carefully choose your parting one.

It is simple, it is horrible, and it is to be run away from ASAP.

The rest of your life is out there waiting for you, behind another door, one you can't see as long as you let the smoke of this train wreck cloud your otherwise good common sense.

Let us know when you;ve had your last contact with him. We will support you!

Take care, be strong, look at yourself in the mirror and say I CAN DO IT!

-- Sammy

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
you met him in april of this year and you are planning to marry him after only 4-5 months of talking/texting.

you have already found out he is a cheater and liar and the other woman is there with him right now.

trust me when I say that if you marry him, Canada is not going to give him a visa right away.

trust me when I say that you are wasting your time and money on this loser.

he is not upset because he loves you so much....he is only upset that you found out and his ego is hurt that a woman doesn't want him anymore.....

GIVE YOUR HEAD A SHAKE AND WAKE UP!

YOU HAVE A 7 YEAR OLD CHILD TO THINK ABOUT

May 31, 2005
Why would you want to marry a man that cheated on you? Why would you want to marry a man that you have only known since April and have only seen a few times? Why would you want to marry a man that sings Lionel Richie the first time that he sees you?

Status
Not open for further replies.