Name of hotel in Churchill close to Mejia Ricard

Jan 17, 2009
I was in Santo Domingo last month and while driving on Churchill saw a Holiday Inn or some other US chain hotel in Churchill a few blocks from La Sirena, same side of the street. I've been looking for this hotel to reserve for next week, but I can't find it. It's probably not a Holiday Inn. Does anyone remember the name? Or, does anyone know of a hotel or B&B in this area (meaning within walking distance of Churchill and Mejia Ricard? Thanks

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
The hotel is the Holiday Inn on Churchill, it opened today.

I hear rooms are US$95 per night.

Jan 17, 2009
Thanks. I must've thought we were driving on Churchill. I just saw this listing on the web Holiday Inn Express. $150 a night. More than what I can afford for an overnite stay in the area.

Any B&B or more affordable hotels close to the Acropolis ?

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
Thanks. I must've thought we were driving on Churchill. I just saw this listing on the web Holiday Inn Express. $150 a night. More than what I can afford for an overnite stay in the area.

The Clarion on Tiradentes isn't too far. About twenty mnutes walking. They're showing $75 rates for October 5 through October 8.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com

I would call them direct, they might be doing deals as they have just opened.
I heard US$95.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
The place looks nice enough, but $150 a night for a Holiday Inn Express is ridiculous...you could stay in almost any other hotel in town except the Hilton or Nicolas Ovando and have enough left over for several cabfares to the Acropolis....