school supplies

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i'll be coming to sosua in november. as usual i bring school supplies or ball equipment. i just need someone to contact when i get there. the last time i came i just started giving out supplies across from the supermercado when the kids came by in the evening and almost caused a riot. someone pm me with a contact and what is needed. i'd be willing to buy a few kids uniforms.

thanks

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
i'll be coming to sosua in november. as usual i bring school supplies or ball equipment. i just need someone to contact when i get there. the last time i came i just started giving out supplies across from the supermercado when the kids came by in the evening and almost caused a riot. someone pm me with a contact and what is needed. i'd be willing to buy a few kids uniforms.

thanks

SosuaKids

A great organization supported by Beyond The Beach Children's Foundation as well as others. They send over 300 kids to school every year.

Gregg
Secretary
BTBCF

linmagic

Sep 20, 2009
We received a lovely email from Liz in response to my enquiry about what we could donate to the Casa Albergue de Martina orphanage or any other local orphanage.

Welcome to DOVE Missions

We will be bringing an extra suitcase (limiting other half on his shoe intake will empty that one! - and I know you're reading this X) and we have a list of supplies that are needed so will bring as much as we can. We are hoping that in the house hunting rush, we will have time to pay a visit to Casa Albergue de Martina orphanage as well.

:bunny:

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Also check the prices on some items here (school supplies), form the local book store to the super and mini markets and even "Int'l" shopping outfits like PriceSmart. Many supplies can be bought locally at quite good prices.

... J-D.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
thanks for the responses. just wanted to make sure the same folks are still around.

John wiliamz

Sep 25, 2010
The need to have the right teaching supplies is almost a self-evident truth. Every business has its own stock of trade-specific tools and supplies that make it easier for the individual to do his or her job. Teaching school is no different. The job can be done without the right supplies, but it becomes much more difficult than it has to be.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pansy

Banned
Apr 14, 2009
Sosua Kids has just put 386 children in school this year. We are now collecting for the next school year. Full information is on the web site SosuaKids.com. The children are issued with vouchers for a local department store where they collect the uniforms and we make up backpacks from donated items. The backpacks are distributed at the same time as the vouchers.
A representative from Sosua Kids will happily meet you to collect items or money you are able to donate, the contact e-mail address is info@sosuakids.com

Reactions: Tamborista