Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Intensive English Classes in North Coast

Does anyone know of a language school that has intensive English classes located in the north coast. I know there are some in Santo Domingo but not sure of those in the north. They are for my Dominican husband and when I ask him he only knows of "his boys that speak english" that teach private english classes which is what he is doing now. However there is no true structure and he is not learning fast enough.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Preparing For Export?

Quote Originally Posted by meregirl View Post
    Does anyone know of a language school that has intensive English classes located in the north coast. __ "his boys that speak english" that teach private english classes __
    BE or AE?
    How about you learning Spanish?

donP

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I know spanish

He is moving to America and I am trying to get him as much English down there prior to the move so that it can be a tad more seamless for him.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Clever Investment

Quote Originally Posted by meregirl View Post
    He is moving to America and I am trying to get him as much English down there prior to the move so that it can be a tad more seamless for him.
    That's great and he's investing his money very well...

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

My husband attended the Renovation Institute in Puerto Plata.

I believe the classes were 4-5 nights a week for 2 hours.

I should add that I don't think it was very expensive either....I will have to ask him what he paid but I think around 500 or 700 pesos per month.
    Last edited by sangria; 09-28-2009 at 10:41 AM. Reason: add something

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Best of luck. Jusat make sure that whatever school he atytends that he has real grammar books instead of notes and that he frequently has homework. He needs to learn the structure of the language well and once he does that it will be much easier to learn to speak, with you of course.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    Best of luck. Jusat make sure that whatever school he atytends that he has real grammar books instead of notes and that he frequently has homework. He needs to learn the structure of the language well and once he does that it will be much easier to learn to speak, with you of course.
    That is what I mean. His current class consist of him taking notes that he studies all the time but there is no real grammar books utilized. That is why I am asking.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sangria View Post
    My husband attended the Renovation Institute in Puerto Plata.

I believe the classes were 4-5 nights a week for 2 hours.

I should add that I don't think it was very expensive either....I will have to ask him what he paid but I think around 500 or 700 pesos per month.
    That would be great if you could ask him. I think that would be perfect. He lives in Sabanetta but could travel to Puerto Plata daily for the class.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

No problem..I will post the info tonight when he comes home from work.

I will add that he had text books, tests and exams.......grammar & conversational english were taught together.

They had word lists each week that they had to learn and then use them correctly in sentences. They had to get up in front of the class and do speeches using the words they learned. Sometimes it was prepared for them and they had to memorize it....other times they were given a topic and had to write/speak on their own.

I have nothing to compare it to but it seems like a good program.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

does he use the computer ? he could try livemocha.com and busuu.com for extra practise....I got addicted to correcting people lol they both have some free features which are not bad.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast