Mail Service

benhoffa

Jan 30, 2004
I am looking for a good mail service. Our mail service only comes every two weeks and is pretty inconvenient. Any ideas of costs of other mail services (yearly fees, per pound cost) would be appreciated. We live in Santiago.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
I am looking for a good mail service. Our mail service only comes every two weeks and is pretty inconvenient. Any ideas of costs of other mail services (yearly fees, per pound cost) would be appreciated. We live in Santiago.

For the lack of details in your post, I may take the liberty to assume you are looking for a solution to get mail from abroad quickly and safely?
You would then want to look at some mail forwarders who will supply you with a "mail box" in Miami where your mail would be sent to from abroad. The same company will then ship it to you (not your door step, but a pickup office in your city) for a rate typically starting at around USD 3.oo/Lbs.
Some of these companies will supply you with an online ID to "see" the status of your mail and call and/or e-mail you when you have mail ready for pickup. Most companies seem to get arrivals in Miami to their customers in the DR within 2 to 3 days most every day of the week.
Most of these companies will also handle customs when you have merchandise shipped, some apparently fighting for quite good rates others with an obviously less protective attitude and giving their clients little insight as to how these customs rates were negotiated (if at all).

Here are some links:

I currently use Vimenpaq and am quite satisfied with their rate, service, transparency and especially the rates they appear to be able to get at customs.

I have previously used BankerTrust in Sosua (a dr1.com advertiser) and also been quite satisfied with them.

There may be other companies, and I trust others will post about them.

... J-D.

Reactions: TOOBER_SDQ

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Maybe just a temporary address. I found this one for them:
www.caribbeanocean.com.do

They have good rates on heavy items that you do not need next day but would rather wait 3 days to get a lower rate.

Hmm... your's seems to lead to a very different looking page... mostly with US content. Apparently the same company though...

Yes, their rates are the most competitive ones (this is why I included them)... but on the other hand, I haven't had any reports of anyone using that company yet, so I don't know how effective they are at handling customs and getting reasonable rates from them.

... J-D.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
My experience has been with EPS and Business Mail
I am currently with Business Mail
I have a son who is with CPS and is very, very happy with them.

In fact, once recent series of events has me thinking of switching.

HB (All this in Santiago)