BA Launches New Flights to Jamaica & Dominican Republic

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Are we sure they exist??? They were launched in June and my mother went to book them in August and they had been cancelled.

matilda

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Are we sure they exist??? They were launched in June and my mother went to book them in August and they had been cancelled.

matilda

Matilda,
Im not sure if they launched in June, I just saw this on the web, few mins ago and want to shared the info.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
It was announced earlier this year, with flights due to start in October. The press release linked to is dated June so it may have been overtaken by events. BA is in a bad way, asking their staff to take voluntary unpaid leave or even to work for no pay and charging passengers for pre-booking seats.

If you go to ba.com and try to book a flight to the DR in October, Punta Cana does come up as a destination but I got this error message:

Error

* We have not been able to find any available seats for the itinerary you requested.

The most common reasons for this are:

o You may have requested a route at a time of the year when we don't fly it - although that route may operate at other times.

o We may not fly at all on part or all of the routes that you have chosen.

o Your requested itinerary may only be possible with more than six separate flights. Unfortunately ba.com can only book journeys with a maximum of six flights.

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
It was announced earlier this year, with flights due to start in October. The press release linked to is dated June so it may have been overtaken by events. BA is in a bad way, asking their staff to take voluntary unpaid leave or even to work for no pay and charging passengers for pre-booking seats.

If you go to ba.com and try to book a flight to the DR in October, Punta Cana does come up as a destination but I got this error message:

Hey gracias for the 2cents..
I been just looking for press releases without cheking the info.
Sorry...LOL

Feb 7, 2007
Chiri, I checked for December (from PUJ) and seats are available. US$230 one way (to Vienna) + taxes (which are another US$250)

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
That's good news, RH. Either the October start has been delayed or I picked the wrong days.

JC171

Oct 20, 2002
Great News!Its a Good Option having a NonCharter Option to the UK from DR plus British Airways could easily connect you to most of europe,africa,asia,& australia
Another perk about UK is that Dominican nationals could Transit up to 24 hours & No Visa is needed..so they can leave the Airport for a Quick tour of London