More banking woes

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Following on from my cheque question, what about US$ cash transfers between banks?

If you can make transfers from banks all over the world to a DR bank, why can't you make one from Banco Popular to Banco Reservas? At least that's what we've been told - is there any way around this?

On a couple of occasions we've been told you have to withdraw the cash and take it to the other bank to pay in. Does this just apply to dollars or pesos too?

P.S. The title is not a spoonerism, but it should be.

Sep 22, 2009
Following on from my cheque question, what about US$ cash transfers between banks?

If you can make transfers from banks all over the world to a DR bank, why can't you make one from Banco Popular to Banco Reservas? At least that's what we've been told - is there any way around this?

On a couple of occasions we've been told you have to withdraw the cash and take it to the other bank to pay in. Does this just apply to dollars or pesos too?

P.S. The title is not a spoonerism, but it should be.

Hi again -

thing is dollars are tracked more carefully than pesos. you can keep 3 accounts (dollar, euro, peso) in the same bank and buy/sell dollars/euros. Then ACH the dollar/euro equivalent on the forex rate of THAT day.

This is acceptable.

Sep 22, 2009
Forgot to say:

wiring dollars whether within or out of the country is a SWIFT transaction and you need go down to the branch and sign a document.

It is a minumum 50 dollar fee for SWIFT and you're better off with Vimenca unless your wiring over 1000 dollars.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I tried to think of a good one for about 5 seconds but gave up. Any suggestions?

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
The collective noun for a group of bankers is called a wunch.

As in "A wunch of bankers"

LOL

Spoonerise that! Could be a title to a film!