Dominican Chocolates and confections

Mayita

Nov 20, 2008
Does anybody know if they still make dominican chocolates ( not the stuff to make hot chocolate, but the eating one for the kids) and confections like the "cri-cri" and the "mas mas" I remember eating those as a kid and they tasted soooo much better than the american brands... I know this site is mostly for foreigners living in DR but in my case is the oposite Im a dominican living abroad and I miss those candies and I would like to get them shipped if possible.. thanks!! :bunny:

P.S. Do they still make vitalidad?:D

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
They certainly made mas mas when I first moved here 17 years ago but I can't say I've seen it recently, although I haven't really gone looking. I'll have a look next time I go shopping.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Yes, they have mas mas and I have some in the fridge. I would have to say I like it less than Hershey's probably due to the lower level of cacao. As it is cheap, I buy it because it is good enough and I'm on a budget. I have never seen it in the States in the Dominican bodegas. Good luck.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
TY, please let me know.

I asked at Tropical Supermarket in Puerto Plata today - the girl said they usually have mas mas but were out right now. Next week she said....;) So it is still being manufactured but I regret to tell you she had never heard of cri-cri. Was that a rice crisp type of chocolate? Because they have plenty of that but it's the imported foreign stuff.