Juan Dolio Info Needed

P

Paul

Saludos. Could someone please tell me which hotel in the Juan Dolio area would be the best for getting to know some Dominican people? Maybe one hotel is more popular with Dominicans. Also which Juan Dolio hotel disco is the best, and is popular with Dominicans.
Muchas gracias.

K

katia

Hi !

I've stayed many times at the Playa Real Hotel in Juan Dolio 4 times. I've enjoyed it very much however, the disco is not the best.

I suggest the Barcelo Capella. The disco is very nice as is the hotel. Or you can try the Hamaca Hotel in Boca Chica if you're willing to go to Boca Chica. If not, you can still go to the disco.

Have a nice vacation,

Katia

B

Beatriz

If you want to know dominican people, when I was last May in Playa Real, all the weekends lots of dominicans came to the resort to spend their weekend, but when I was in Decameron (last December) they were some, also.
About discos, I agree with Katia. Outside resorts, you can try BOULEVARD bar, just opposite Playa Real where many people who works in the resorts go at night. Also Chocolate Bar (near Decameron) is good (of course they are bars, not discos).
And I recommend you BAR LA CANITA, in front of Melia Juan Dolio.
The managers, Patrick and Dominique, are french, and are really nice people. Some nights the atmosphere is almost like a disco...
Don't doubt to email me if you need more info.

B

Brenda

hola
My personal favorite resort in Jaun Dolio is Capella. The disco there is good on weekends. For the local favorites on Monday nights the resturant across from Playa Real has live bands and that is a good time to meet many locals as well as people from the other resorts. Another disco close by is El Batey and that is sometimes crowded and sometimes not. Very late at night is the best time to go there when the employees are getting out of work from the resorts. Jaun Dolio is a great little town to explore and I suggest you also take trips to Boca Chica,San Pedro and Santo Domingo. Simply ask the staff wherever you decide to explore outside of the resort.Have fun!

K

katia

Hola amigos,

I agree that the Capella is very beautiful but more expensive. You can enjoy a nice evening at Julia's cafe right in front of Playa Real. There is also The Boulevard where many hotel staff go after work. You can play pool and dance and of course drink a cold Presidente Beer.

You can go to El Batey or if you're willing to take a cab to San Pedro, you can go dancing at Sammy's Club which is owned by Chicago Cubs Sammy Sosa. There are other clubs in San Pedro but can't remember the names.

You can also go to Boca Chica's Hamaca which is nice. It's in the Hamaca Hotel.

Whatever you decide, you will enjoy.

Katia