Politicians coming to Town or what???

Status
Not open for further replies.

aross

Nov 15, 2007
They are repaving the perfectly good road going through the center of Cabarete. Do you suppose:
  • a Politician is about to visit
OR

• they are getting ready to dig trenches through the new asphalt for water or sewar lines - AGAIN

It is nice to see new road but there are many secondary roads here in Cabarete that are more in need of 4 inches of asphalt than the main road that was repaved about 2 years ago and has stood up well.

aross

Nov 15, 2007
Anyone coming into Cabarete this morning, expect lots of traffic confusion and backups. It looks like they are now repaving the center section of the road.

aross

Nov 15, 2007
Anyone coming into Cabarete this morning, expect lots of traffic confusion and backups. It looks like they are now repaving the center section of the road.

ALL CLEAR now in the center of Cabarete, next update will be when they do the South 1/3 of the road.

aross

Nov 15, 2007
Right now they are paving the southern and final 1/3 of the road. The traffic is a mess so do not be in a hurry if you are coming to or going through Cabarete.

aross

Nov 15, 2007
What a hilarious nightmare. All cars and trucks including the paving vehicles have been at a standstill for 20 minutes. The only vehicles moving are the motoconchos and they have taken over the sidewalks.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I do expect that they will be digging up the road soon to install the remainder of what is needed for the sewer system, so it is the perfect time to repave it.

( I make joke, but it could be true).

You'll have to go some to equal the experience of Puerto Plata back in 2006-7: 3 separate resurfacings (first was the normal one, second after drainage installed, third after fibre optic cable layed) then the central wall causing more resurfacing and finally the 2007 floods. I wrote an article back in 2007 called Watching Paint Dry In Puerto Plata so if you want the detail, google that.

Status
Not open for further replies.