Traveling with my son

jakeob

Sep 30, 2009
Hi All,

I am planning a trip to the Dominican this Christmas, its a vacation for me and my 11 year old son, i also will be meeting for the first time a woman who i have been online dating for a while.

Can anyone recommend a good location, great beaches, child freindly, and also i have to consider my girlfriend being able to come and go freely without problems at a hotel security, maybe i should rent an apartment??

Any ideas whould be appreciated

Neil

twillis

Jun 22, 2009
If you rent an apartment; won't be much fun for your son as they are very hot (usually air doesn't work); no pools (for him :)) and sheer boredom if you are spending time with your girlfriend.

there are many cheap resorts that you all three can go to. Try Celuisma - it is 3 star but clean and decent.

twillis

Jun 22, 2009
Sorry ... should have been more clear .. Celiusma Playa Dorada. Where in the Domican are you travelling?

jakeob

Sep 30, 2009
Hi twillis

Well i didnt decide yet, the problem i have got is,, i didnt meet this woman in person yet so i am slightly cautious about booking her and her 2 kids in a hotel for 2 weeks.
I feel i need to be a little careful how to play it just in case we dont hit it of for some reason, a hotel complex would be great for me and my son but not sure how i could have some flexabilty with bookings.

Sorry i dont have much of a plan at this point.

twillis

Jun 22, 2009
probably others can help you out then. I know you can buy day passes for her, and even if you and your son book into the resort and go out with her and her kids, it might be nice to have a safe haven for the two of you in case things don't go so well.

Good luck :)

twillis

Jun 22, 2009
the two of you meaning ... you and your son. I have to read before i post, i'm bad for this. Sorry

jakeob

Sep 30, 2009
Hi ,, My girl lives in Santiago,.

The day pass sounds like a good option if it is available? So what i need is a great resort with fanatsic beaches close by,, that would let me pay extra for my guests on a day pass, with the option to bring them in full time. If anyone knows a good resort i could try to email them and see if they can help me?

thanks n

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
If it was me, I wouldn't be bringing my child on the first meeting.....but thats just my opinion....Have you considered making a quick trip down before Christmas to meet her?

Now to answer your question...

Maybe you could put the girlfriend and her kids up in an apart-hotel close to where you are staying and you & your son could stay at the resort.

Then you can bring the girl and her family in on day or night passes for approx. $35-45 US per person (day pass or night pass).

Once you get to know her a little better, you could decide if you want her to be at the resort with you....if that is the case, you just pay more and she can stay over night.

I would be extremely cautious if you have only met her online. You need to protect your son first and then yourself and your things.

Make sure you use your room safe if you have them in the room because the fact is that you really don't know this women and people can say anything they like anonymously on the computer.

A resort is a safe place because she can be kicked out at any moment and offers a better, safer, more fun environment for your child.

Good luck and be very careful.

jakeob

Sep 30, 2009
Thanks for the reply Sanria, i have thought about meeting her alone before christmas, but its a quite a trip from the uk, but maybe i could.

But i do plan to be careful,

thanks

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
Sangria's advice is VERY good. If you were going on a first date in the UK (and really this IS a first date) would you take your son along?