How long did it take codatel to come out and install a phone line/internet?

Jun 15, 2008
good luck....

:) i advise u to gather up all your patience.... in my case they said it would take 3 to 5 business days, but in reality it was more like 6 weeks... and i assume it would have taken longer if i hadn't called them several times a day, every day. so good luck :)

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
For me it took two months in Santo Domigo but that was seven years ago.

We are not in Grand Prairie or Tunbridge Wells.

Welcome to life beyond the looking glass.

However, you might be surprised. My 8th grade math teacher taught us basic budgeting which was really very basic accounting.

He said always have an entry for expenses entitled GOK (God Only Knows).

Feb 7, 2007
It took 7 days for phone line and another7 days for Internet (that's my office).

A friend's house (residential line), they still have not installed the line he has requested a month ago.

Sep 22, 2009
This is pretty simple.

Codetel ownership is presently undercapitalized and technically understaffed.

This combined with exponentially decreasing bandwidth, you may find it withing reason to wait up to 2 months for telco/internet service if you live outside Santo Domingo.

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
2 years ago, when codetel was verizon they installled my phone line in less than 24 hours. I ordered about 3pm, and they came next day around noon. maybe I was lucky, but they were more eficcient in the past. now codetel claro suck.

Sep 22, 2009
good old taxes and you can't get blood from a stone

2 years ago, when codetel was verizon they installled my phone line in less than 24 hours. I ordered about 3pm, and they came next day around noon. maybe I was lucky, but they were more eficcient in the past. now codetel claro suck.

My electrician told me a few weeks ago that the DR is sitting so hard on Codetel in terms of taxes, that they are resisting augmenting levels of client and technical services.

Remember, Verizon owns all the infrastructure still. This foreign company who bought DR operations has outrageous bills to pay and seem respectively undercapitalized.

They have not purched more bandwidth as a result. It "seems" they are "stalling" on new installations until more bw becomes available. Remember, you can't get blood from a stone.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Say what

My electrician told me a few weeks ago that the DR is sitting so hard on Codetel in terms of taxes, that they are resisting augmenting levels of client and technical services.

Remember, Verizon owns all the infrastructure still. This foreign company who bought DR operations has outrageous bills to pay and seem respectively undercapitalized.

They have not purched more bandwidth as a result. It "seems" they are "stalling" on new installations until more bw becomes available. Remember, you can't get blood from a stone.

American Mobil. (TELMEX-Carlos Simm) bought everything here. Verizon owns nothing. Carlos is just following his normal pattern of not investing in the infrastructure, and cutting people. At the same time Carlos bought this he also was sold the percentages of CANTV and PRTC that Verizon owned.
Tax problems were resolved on capital prior to the sale in 2006, as Verizon was relying a tax agreement between the DR and Canada, as CODETEL was originally owned by Quebec Tel, prior to GTE buying Quebec Tel, then GTE became part of Verizon. Was determined that the agreement did not apply as Verizon was a US company.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2009
American Mobil. (TELMEX-Carlos Simm) bought everything here. Verizon owns nothing. Carlos is just following his normal pattern of not investing in the infrastructure, and cutting people. At the same time Carlos bought this he also was sold the percentage of CANTV and PRTC that Verizon owned.

The Bandwidth need be purchased from Verizon. They simply don't have enough bandwidth.

Feb 7, 2007
The Bandwidth need be purchased from Verizon. They simply don't have enough bandwidth.

Verizon does not own undersea cables. Other consortium does. The point is in POP. They need to buy form them. Now, new undersea cable landing point has just opened up in Punta Cana, we will see some major improvements in Internet offers in the coming 12 months.