Anyone else seeing this in Sosua

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I am seeing faint glimmers of a return of tourists this week. Over the weekend the parking lot at the El Batey end of the beach was full in the early evening. Tourists walking up the hill to the city. Even a few sitting in the restaurants. Could this be the first faint signs of a return to the "good old days"? Anyone else seeing any signs of a return to life in Sosua?

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
I suppose one would expect the visitors to fall with the continual trashing Sosua gets.....you would believe there is nothing here but prostitution from a lot of the posts .

snowbird44

Oct 29, 2004
I am seeing faint glimmers of a return of tourists this week. Over the weekend the parking lot at the El Batey end of the beach was full in the early evening. Tourists walking up the hill to the city. Even a few sitting in the restaurants. Could this be the first faint signs of a return to the "good old days"? Anyone else seeing any signs of a return to life in Sosua?

Helloooo, that doesn't surprise anyone. With the lousy Summer we've had in Canada this year and the cold and rainy weather we are having now, people are looking for some warmth and sunshine. I put my furnace on three days ago, it's ridiculous.
There are some pretty good deals out there now too. I'll be there in a couple of months.:bunny:

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Maybe that's why they're coming! LOL

I know that's why they are coming and coming!

Some of the guest friendly places are @ 80% occupancy.

There's more to Sosua than prostitution...there's transportation to Cabarete and Pop....lol

Last edited:
Reactions: badpiece33

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
As a few of my DR friends know I had a nasty break to my leg recently. So – lots of time to watch TV and shopping channels.

UK to the DR – 4 * hotel (north coast) – 2 weeks is now at ?600. I think this is incredibly cheap, flights, accommodation, all inclusive for ?600 is really amazing.
If my leg wasn’t broken I would be there right now!

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
hoping I was not alone

Guess its just wishful thinking on my part. At any rate I like this little town. We have lots of trees!!! And we have four good gyms!!! What other small town in the DR can say that.

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
No Zoom, not just wishful thinking! There are definately more tourists on the streets in Sosua over the last couple of weeks and these are couples and families.

Reactions: Tamborista

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
As a few of my DR friends know I had a nasty break to my leg recently. So – lots of time to watch TV and shopping channels.

UK to the DR – 4 * hotel (north coast) – 2 weeks is now at ?600. I think this is incredibly cheap, flights, accommodation, all inclusive for ?600 is really amazing.
If my leg wasn’t broken I would be there right now!

Sorry to hear that you have broken your leg - hope it repairs soon.

Reactions: wishingiwasthere

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Excellent

Thanks Black Dog, I was just about giving up and thinking it was just me. I like this little town and want it to be well and prosperous.

Reactions: Black Dog

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Not to mention that now that the recession is "over" people who were saving money will begin to travel moderately again now.

As well te regular tourist season is starting up again. Charter flights are resuming regular service to POP.

Yayow

Sep 4, 2007
Good News

Definitely good news, and the flights are very low now, have to stimulate the economy, and if people don't come nobody benefits, at least somebody is getting it, if only the rest of the country would understand that.

I am still amazed at how some so called business people in this country would rather leave their properties etc., empty rather than take a little less, and get something. "Algo es mejor que nada" But too many just don't seem to get it. Oh well, what you going to do?