Looking for real state Appraiser in north coast

Bayx-**

May 30, 2008
Hey everyone, Does anyone know a good appraiser in the north coast, Sosua, Cabarete area? I need a second opinion an a real state. Preferably that could do the appraisal in English.

Thanks

Bayx-**

May 30, 2008
Thank you all for your help. I used someone from Banco Popular as referred by the other threads. I must say he was responsible, but the work is a little bit sloppy. Some of the documents are done by hand.

Thanks

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Unfortunately this is likely because he literally cannot afford to buy a computer or learn how to operate one.

Actually, if its the person they normally recommend, Andreas Brugal, he can afford more than a computer, and certainly knows how to use one! I don't have his contact info handy, but Ive used him about 5 or 6 times. And it's true, some pages of the report come out looking quite amateurish, oddly enough, while the overall report looks great. You can probably get his info from any of the banks in Cabarete.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
How can any appraisal be accurate when there are no comps?

Bayx-**

May 30, 2008
Actually, if its the person they normally recommend, Andreas Brugal, he can afford more than a computer, and certainly knows how to use one! I don't have his contact info handy, but Ive used him about 5 or 6 times. And it's true, some pages of the report come out looking quite amateurish, oddly enough, while the overall report looks great. You can probably get his info from any of the banks in Cabarete.

I had used Andres Brugal services before. He's a little more expense, but his work was well organized, neat and done by computer. The reason why I didn't use him again was because his appraisal was under value. I do know this because I know what the cost to build the house was and a lot of the materials and furnishing were shipped from the US.

Bayx-**

May 30, 2008
How can any appraisal be accurate when there are no comps?

Computer or no computer I don't think anyone here could provide an accurate appraisal. Most appraisers use a building cost method. I do believe that a computer would be a great tool to search the value of the most up scale materials. I don't think that they have any idea of what the cost of a granite tile from India or what's the cost of a Anderson window. They don't take that in consideration, they just use a fix formula. In the US everything is detail.