So I called my wife...

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
...the other day with a calling card, and it rang and rang - finally it picked up. On the other line I heard what I thought was my wife moaning. I continued to listen as I thought she was teasing me, so I continue to listen for a bit, and then I hear man in the background. WTF??? I'm thinking. My adrenaline spiked, and I was ready to break something. I look at my phone, and sure enough I had dialed the right number, and was wondering what the hell was going on. So 2 minutes later, after I dialed the access number again, enter my pin, then dial her number, she picks up, everything seems normal, she's calm, baby is crying in the background. I start inquiring where she is, who's there, what was she doing - her answer, nothing, just taking care of the baby. So after a few minutes of questioning, I tell her what happened, and she just laughed it off. "Oh you're jealous, as if you think I was with someone else." As things seemed normal I believed her, never before had she given me any reason to doubt her. Anyhow a few days later I began to think about what the chances are that I would dial her number wrong, maybe 1 in 100? Why anyone would pick up in the middle of the act? Was it an accident? A tigre trying to rub it in my face? It started really bugging me again, so a couple of days later I told her so, "you know, what I heard the other day really bugs me." "You're serious?" she asked, "I thought you were joking about that.", "as if you think I would do that to you, I take care of our baby all day, would never do that to you, and would never leave the baby unattended..." her response seemd genuine, and I told her so. At this point she had lost control of her emotions, was crying, and didn't want to talk to me. Something had convinced me she was telling the truth, even though it seemed that to believe her, it was as though what had happened was against the odds, but I did anyways.

Things were going well, I didn't think about it much, even though it lingered in the back of mind a bit. Anyhow, about 2 weeks later I called a friend in the DR with my phone card, it rang rang rang, picked up, moaining on the other line - it was exactly like the other day, a recording. I checked in with the phone card people, turns out somehow I got transfered to a Jamaican sex line. And to confirm, again it happened to me today. Im glad this phone thing happened twice, it almost put an end to my relationship. Still kinda comical. If you use phonecards, especially HOT out of canada, if this happens get in contact with the company before you make any accusations.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Jajaja, Uruguayo you have made my day jajajaja. Sad though that you were on the brink of ending your relationship because of that. Imagine the lot of couples who had argued because of that.

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
THIS HAPPENED TO ME TOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I use Holiday phone card (also in Canada)... and when my husband finally answered same thing, all was normal - he had no idea what I was talking about he thought I was crazy !!!
I almost killed him through the phone and he thought I was going crazy !!!

Nice to know I wasen't the only one going through this... that's just messed up !!!

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Things were going well, I didn't think about it much, even though it lingered in the back of mind a bit. Anyhow, about 2 weeks later I called a friend in the DR with my phone card, it rang rang rang, picked up, moaining on the other line - it was exactly like the other day, a recording.

For a minute there i thought you were going to say your friend was visiting your wife!!!!!!!!

Arrica

Jun 3, 2006
diverting calls

That would have been a practical joke indeed :ermm:

I wonder how much the phone card verdors and companies get from diverting the phone calls to an expensive cost-calling sex-line in Jamaica - what a racket!
Is that even legal in Canada? :surprised

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
Its actually happend twince again since. Thing is it doesnt charge more than a regular call to the dr either. And what's even crepier is that there is not intro or anything advising you what's going on, it just goes straight to the thick of it. And the guy on the help desk was all like "don't worry" "you need to have more faith in your wife...". Thing is, probably the majority of people using these cards are contacting their husband or their wife in whatever country they may be in. And as I said before, my wife (or fiance I should say) never gave me any reasons to doubt her, and even though it seemed as though my mind was playing tricks on me, I still believed her - even went and bought her a ring in the midst of all this. But you have to say it is truly troublesome that this happened, hell, it's not a far stretch to think that somebody could get hurt physically because of something like this. I still think they should reimburse me for my drinking related expenses :p

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
It happened to me too but it was direct dialing from work (no phone card) and it was to a S. Korean sex line....it was horrible I called the phone company and they explained to me that there were some issues with the calls going through to the DR and had a trouble ticket into to MCI/verizon. The country code for South Korean is 011+82+9+ and I dial directly 829 cell number.

I haven't had the issue since.

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
Now you've all put this in the public domain, cheating husbands and wives can answer the phone whilst they are 'at it' and blame YOUR phone card LOL

Just kidding, great post!!!!!

Sweetkiwi

Jul 16, 2009
OMG this just happened to me!!!!! I just called direct from my cell phone to the cell phone of my husband...if I hadn't read this I would have freaked the F out! I heard a man's voice indistinctly and then a woman's moaning......:-o

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
I hear a woman's moaning evertime I call my wife! LOL
Just joking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

linmagic

Sep 20, 2009
Oh oh oh, Black Dog, you are SO going to be in trouble when she reads this! And if she doesn't have access to the site, could one of you kind souls relay this to her please? I would pay money to see how you are going to regret this one. :cheeky:

Lin
:bunny:

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
We've been married for 26 years so she knows that I love her dearly and would never say anything mean except when my naughty sense of humour gets the better of me LOL

deecat3

Apr 1, 2006
this happened to me too!!!

OMG !!! this happened to me too....calling direct (with Rogers) cell to cell.

I was shocked, so I thought quickly and while this woman was moaning and groaning etc, etc......I called his same cell number from my house line and he picked up and I let him listen to the cell call (still going on and on at the same time) it was hilarious and lasted about 2 mins.....I held up my cell phone to my home phone so he could hear it.......very funny !!!!!

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
OMG !!! this happened to me too....calling direct (with Rogers) cell to cell.

I was shocked, so I thought quickly and while this woman was moaning and groaning etc, etc......I called his same cell number from my house line and he picked up and I let him listen to the cell call (still going on and on at the same time) it was hilarious and lasted about 2 mins.....I held up my cell phone to my home phone so he could hear it.......very funny !!!!!

2 minutes? ;)

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
I get the pleasure of hearing this every other day using the phone card that I use, and I don't get charged for the call lol I also called my husband from my cell so he can hear what exactly I was talking about...

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Is anyone complaining about this to the company? Aside from the misunderstandings it could cause, isn't it somewhat offensive to the ears of say, young children, nuns or maiden aunts? :D

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
nuns or maiden aunts? :D

The former could think of it as organ music for vespers...............

Has anyone tried moaning louder than the recording to see what happens? You might get offered a job, then we could transfer this thread to Employment Forum ;). Remember the film When Harry met Sally?

Great story, El Uruguayo, loved it!