"our" power company schedule

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I have been looking at Edenorte's schedule of lights out for the last two days. First off they seem to have the days of the week wrong which is probably a bad sign. I think that today Oct. 2 is Fri yet they are calling it Wed. Oh, well. The other thing is that I cannot find Sosua, El Batey on the lights out schedule. Does this mean we have lights for the 24 hours?? I must be overlooking something!!! Anyone have experience using their schedule?
Is it in fact reliable? Maybe I have lived here too long, I am suspicious of everything and everyone, ha!!!::ermm:

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I have been looking at Edenorte's schedule of lights out for the last two days. First off they seem to have the days of the week wrong which is probably a bad sign. I think that today Oct. 2 is Fri yet they are calling it Wed. Oh, well. The other thing is that I cannot find Sosua, El Batey on the lights out schedule. Does this mean we have lights for the 24 hours?? I must be overlooking something!!! Anyone have experience using their schedule?
Is it in fact reliable? Maybe I have lived here too long, I am suspicious of everything and everyone, ha!!!::ermm:

The only reliable part of it for our area which is SABY101 is that it is, without fail, totally inaccurate!! The power is sometimes 'on' when scheduled to be 'off' but most likely to be 'off' when it is scheduled to be 'on'. I do make a note of it just out of habit now but, quite frankly, it is sometimes better not to look at all as it is just totally frustrating....

Sep 22, 2009

I can't believe you are actually contemplating this. I recently added 4 more batteries to my bank and a 5K diesel because the situation has been so awful (insert crying smiley face).

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Aha

;)My suspicions are confirmed. When I first moved here I wanted to go to the nearest hotel with AC the first nite the power went off. Next I played around with invesores and batteries. That was the worst! Carrying batteries, acid, distilled water and spending time trying to figure out how to make batteries last and how to find dead cells, buying a good hydrometer. Of couse when I got the batteries all going good then the inversor failed. Next was the giant hassle with the inversor repair guy. I finally gave up and just got used to the lights out. Now I just laught and go for my really good flashlight. For a time Edenorte would really get to me when after a long power outage the lights went on, everyone cheered and then five minutes later they went off again. Now I dont get my hopes up until the power has returned for at least ten munutes. The outages bother my Dominican wife much more than me. I just go off to sleep a little earlier and a night without TV is probably a good thing. At least I dont have to suffer through another "Vittorino" episode. That novella is just the worst and of course the wife loves it! And I am just too cheap to buy a generator. Its up to them to supply me with electricity, even if they dont.