Punta Cana Food Shopping

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
Does anyone know if there are real plans to open a decent food market in punta cana or cap cana? Why is there no type of shops like you see at Casa de Campo? The little "deli" in punta cana village just does not really meet the need.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Unfortunately the plan to build a Jumbo supermarket by Ilumel has been abandoned or at least postponed. The new shopping centre being build by the Coco Loco crossing will include a supermarket but I don't know any more details.

Meanwhile, we combine shopping for vegetables at the Punta Cana Foundation and the Saturday morning "market" outside MovieMax, the fruit stalls in Ver?n, Supermercado Manzanillo in Ver?n, and La Marqueta on the Ver?n-B?varo road. The Caribe Supermarket past Friusa is bigger, cleaner and newer, but its selection is not worth the drive all the way from Punta Cana village.

Delicana is so expensive we only use it for emergencies.

Celery013

Sep 21, 2006
Seriously. I am so frustrated with the food selection. I will only buy my meat from the Deli in Punta Cana Village because the local grocery stores turn off their refrigeration units at night. I have bought many items from both La Marqueta and Supermercado Manzanillo that have turned out to be spoiled once I got them home. ::sigh:: This is the kind of stuff that make me miss the capital...